Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

PERPETUAL ANNOUNCEMENT THREADS - WHY?

I noticed that there are a couple of "announcements" that always stay at the top of the thread list, even though two of the three have not had a post made since April 2 or 3 (It's June 12th today). They are not of general and perpetual interest, yet they remain at the top.

What gives?

Comments

• Newbie user error in selecting a category.

Maybe a super moderator could delete them or re-categorize them?

rjj454thtry
  • Announcement category should be reserved for moderators or senior level members, IMHO.

• +1 on that.

• I was (and still consider myself) one of those forum newbies with one of my posts. The lack of a button to "un announce" those posts seems like a software oversight.

• @Steve_Lee said:
    Announcement category should be reserved for moderators or senior level members, IMHO.

I second that. I clicked on the announce button naively thinking maybe it was part of posting a new thread.
    The next thread I started I didn't click it and I still created an announcement ;(
    I even asked a mod to remove the threads and nothing happened. Oh well.

• We are working on this.

I have a signature.
  • Excellent - best to do it now rather than after this board is full of new members . . .
    Thanks.

• Alright guys, we set "announce" to moderator only, and removed it from all but one post.

charlielaubRon_ESteve_Lee6thplanet
    I have a signature.