Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Peerless of India

Is Peerless of India still in business or kaput?

Comments

• Looks like it. Looks like this may be where GR Research gets drivers.
    https://www.indiamart.com/peerless-fabrikkerne/

• They were at least rumored to have closed up shop. This was also why the RS52 went away for awhile.

• I bought some Peerless of India buyouts a long time ago. They were not very good.

rjj45
  • @PWRRYD said:
    I bought some Peerless of India buyouts a long time ago. They were not very good.

Yeah, I think the PoI buyouts were probably built for really cheap commercial speakers, think white van quality.

I have a signature.
  • Yeah most likely. They were only $5 each. Stamped steel frame, paper cone, rubber dust cap, shielded magnet. Measured FR was not bad but the 3rd order distortion was pretty bad everywhere. I had hoped to use it as a mid in a 3 way but the dist was too high to waste my time.

• So I gave each of my kids one of the PoI and let their curious little fingers get touching speaker cones and pressing in dust caps out of their systems. It worked! =)

jr@maca4eaudiohifisideSteve_Leerjj456thplanetSilver1omo
  • I however would not push to say that PoI drivers were bad as a whole. I still have yet to use a pair of T26 tweeters that really are very good and perform very well.

Steve_Lee
  • @PWRRYD said:
    So I gave each of my kids one of the PoI and let their curious little fingers get touching speaker cones and pressing in dust caps out of their systems. It worked! =)

That's a great perk of my job, I get to intentionally damage speakers. It's a bit rewarding since our whole life we take the utmost care with speakers, it's almost nerve wracking sometimes installing drivers. There, I know the driver's I'm replacing have to be "damaged" before going in the recycling bins. Also if I was to accidentally poke a driver, there's a bunch more on the shelf. I'm proud to say of the thousands of speakers I've replaced, I've only poked one.... course now I've jinxed myself...🤦🏻‍♂️

ugly_wooferWolfJasonPjhollanderSteve_LeeDrummer
  • edited July 2023

Removed as to not hijack the thread.
    PM sent.