Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Aiyima Express - small 2-way using AliExpress drivers

edited July 2023 in DIY

Long story short, this is a design using those schnazzy copper nipple tweeters and "ceramic" 4" woofers. 0.25 cubes, tuned to 56Hz for an F3 of 49Hz. 4db BSC.

My goal here was to hit a more or less ideal 4th LR alignment. I rarely do that any more, and I gotta admit it was fun watching the reverse null reveal itself. As flat on-axis as possible given the lack of diffraction control. Not excellent off-axis, but should anyone ever build these the intended use is in the near-field as more or less full range monitors. I know off-axis still matters in the nearfield, but less so.

They sound great, and the bass is surprising. Not very sensitive - had to really twist the volume knob on my poor old APA150 to get them to 90db/1/2M for the distortion sweep:

On-axis and reverse null:

I'll post the crossover later today, I am out of DIY give a shits right now. Put a lot of steps on between my measurement PC, component hoard, and measurement stand. Tired of it.

I have a signature.
Steve_Leerjj45ugly_wooferScottS

Comments