Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

What Audio Track Captures your Groove? . . .

We are all different in many ways but all seem to enjoy the pleasures of auditory stimulation but, what groove/BPM is your favorite?
(BPM = Beats Per Minute).
Find your favorite song rhythm/type and plug it into this link --> https://getsongbpm.com/tools/audio
This is a non-scientific analysis of feedback that I am embarking upon to see how musically compatible people are concerning what sounds good to us and if tempo is driving factor over all other considerations. (Notice that speaker design/performance is gauged upon meeting/satisfying the [music] preferences of the judges . . . (It also helps to know this data in order to write songs for a target audience/demographic).

As a hobbyist drummer, I find dance music/Funk/Jazz Fusion/Swing to be my preferred groove(s), most of the time.

Comments

• Is 144 BPM a lot? I take a beta blocker and haven't hit that number in years.

jr@macugly_wooferSteve_Lee
  • Funk grooves are definitely the preferred soundtrack playing in my head as I walk this earth. Though not classically thought of as funk, Paul Simon's One Trick Pony played in my head for years whenever my feet moved. Now it's the bass line from Chaka Khan's Like Sugar.

Steve_Lee
  • Funny being a musician I've never equated BPM with what listen to or write to. I favor metal, but ya can't run at redline all the time...

• Steve_LeeTurn2
    I have a signature.
  • edited August 2023

Here's a track you can try on for size, from my playlist of favorites:
    Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic
    Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul

I don't have it on file so I can't use the BPM finder tool.