Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Site Restored from Backup

Due to a mis-configured update that broke part of the site, I tried first to update the underlying Ubuntu OS to the current LTS one and failed. So ultimately I restored a backup from earlier today - my apologies if any content was lost since that backup. As far as I can tell everything is running again ok now.

= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
DrewsBrewsGowa

Comments

• Thank you! I love this forum and appreciate all the work you've put into it.

• Thanks, Jason! Much appreciated.

• You are a gentleman and a scholar sir

6thplanet
  • Thanks Jason

• Thanks for the quick fix and posting about it. I sent a PM and posted something earlier today and was losing my mind when I checked for responses and couldn't even find what I wrote!

• I just tried to add an LOL and it's giving an error.

4thtry
  • edited August 2023

@6thplanet said:
    I just tried to add an LOL and it's giving an error.

I get the same error message on insightful, awesome, LOL. But the quote button seems to work.

• @DanP said:
    Thanks for the quick fix and posting about it. I sent a PM and posted something earlier today and was losing my mind when I checked for responses and couldn't even find what I wrote!

I replied when you posted which appears to be right when the error occurred. It was spinning for a long time, then I got the error page when I tried to see if the reply posted, and just got back online to see it hadn't.

DanP
  • This shit happens , no one has died. I appreciate the commitment Jason has to this community .

PWRRYDSteve_LeeJasonP6thplanete6zionBryan@MAC4thtryKEtheredge87
  • Often, the true sign of greatness is when something works so well that nobody else ever has to think about it. For this site, that's JP.

jholtz4thtryNicholas_23
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • I think I got those bugs fixed, let me know if something else pops up

Steve_Lee6thplanetkenrhodes4thtry
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Thanks, Jason!

:+1:

• Works! 🤘🏼

• Thanks, Jason. The bug is gone! :)

• You are truly the unsung hero Jason!