Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Curt Campbell's new site

edited October 2023 in DIY

Curt has refined his website at www.speakerdesignworks.com

ugly_wooferGeoffMillar

Comments

• edited October 2023

He also has a new design available at MAD, or at least something similar to last year's (or was it the year prior?) Iowa entry, the Chevalier. I do not know who Maurice Chevalier is, and it says he designed the smaller version. I thought Curt and Jim did those!? Seems the circuit components are hidden and the kit must be purchased.

• Most of us know or have met Curt personally , great guy ! Ill check out the new site , thanks.

• and gees , dont post a guys first and last name in the title post with out some related context please. Had me worried!

Steve_Lee
  • Yeah, I thought the worst too until I read it. Curt's no spring chicken. I agree, great fella.

Steve_Lee
  • edited October 2023

Value, thanks for the link!

Website looks good and Curt is a great bloke, very helpful and friendly. He kindly shared his 'Slapshots' design with me after I emailed him our room details and we love them.

BTW, I wasn't able to open it with Firefox, had to use MS Edge.

Maurice Chevalier was a French singer in the 1920s/30s, mostly famous for being impersonated by the Marx Brothers in "A Night at the Opera". Sort of a French Bing Crosby.

Chevalier is also French for 'knight'.

Geoff

PWRRYDWolf
  • Nice looking site Curt. Except those clouds on the home page don't looks so friendly :p

• I'm kinda concerned that Maurice designed those speakers posthumously.

Steve_Lee
  • edited October 2023

Well I wish Curt all the best. He co-designed the Statement II with Jim Holtz. I built this in 2014, and it cured me of the dream of one day owning of a big WMTMW like the Australian product, the VAF I93:

• What was it about that kit that turned you off?

• Nothing. It was one of the best speakers I've ever had.

I just had to sell it when I moved to Canada. When I got back to Australia, I asked the fellow if I could buy it back, at the same price I sold it to him.

Nope was the curt answer.

Dang it!

• edited October 2023

"Curt answer".

Nice!

jholtzGeoffMillarGowa
  • edited October 2023

Here's the clip: it has nothing to do with Curt or his speakers, but maybe M-C- is a pseudonym for someone who liked this sketch?