Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

We still have a lot to be thankful for here in the good ole USA! Enjoy a day of good food and drink, time with family, watching football, etc.

dynamohifisideJasonPScottStajanesSteve_LeeDanP

Comments

• Likewise to you and everyone here!

hifiside
  • Happy Thanksgiving to all

hifiside
  • Yes, we do have a lot to be thankful for! Happy T-day to one and all.

hifiside
  • Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope everyone enjoys a relaxing day. I'm thankful for this community.
    Nate

hifiside
  • Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm thankful the kids are coming over - and my wife will send them home with some of the leftovers.

hifiside
  • edited November 2023

I'm thankful for my family and friends, my job, the roof over my head, the car for getting wherever, my clothes on my back, and my Maker. Everything else is just gravy, especially for the mashed potatoes.

Here in northeast Indiana, WXKE 96.3 (formerly Rock104 waaay back) has played Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" in its entirety starting at 12-noon EST for as long as I can remember. It's that station's tradition, and I've not missed very many since I have learned of it. They do internet stream, so it is available worldwide. If you've not heard or experienced it, please give it a whirl....

Steve_LeeDanP
  • Happy Thanksgiving!

= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • @Wolf said:
    Here in northeast Indiana, WXKE 96.3 (formerly Rock104 waaay back) has played Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" in its entirety starting at 12-noon EST for as long as I can remember. It's that station's tradition, and I've not missed very many since I have learned of it. They do internet stream, so it is available worldwide. If you've not heard or experienced it, please give it a whirl....

We have that tradition too here in Cleveland, I wonder how far that goes across the midwest.

= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • edited November 2023

I'd be interested in knowing the root of that tradition and who started it. I wonder if Google is up on it...
    Yep:
    https://www.kunc.org/show/kuncs-colorado-edition/2019-11-27/how-arlo-guthries-alices-restaurant-became-a-thanksgiving-classic

• Happy Thanksgiving brothers!

• Yes, happy Thanksgiving all who celebrate.

I have a signature.
  • Happy Thanksgiving from me and my pup!

JasonPjohnny5jzPWRRYDjr@macBillet6thplanetDanP
  • Happy thanksgiving, everyone. The Lord has indeed been abundantly gracious and merciful to me. I have much to be thankful for!

johnny5jzS7910
  • Happy Thanksgiving!

PWRRYDhifisideS7910Steve_Leejholtz
  • Happy thanksgiving

JasonPjholtz6thplanetKornbread

• Also doing a turkey breast.

PWRRYD
    I have a signature.
  • Yes, much to be thankful for. 1/2 breast, on the kettle.

• Wife cooked all afternoon. The kids arrived. We ate until we could barely move. Now its cleanup time for me.

jr@macJasonP
  • I cooked for 13 people and ate for 26. Ugh. Diet be damned.

ugly_wooferJasonPtajanesSteve_Lee
    I have a signature.

• My dad and his little dog checking out my system. Everyone else in the house got to hear Led Zeppelin at unreasonable volumes as well.

JasonPTurn2kenrhodesugly_woofertajanesSteve_Lee
    I have a signature.