Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Rectangular Faceplate

2»

Comments

• I've used the CQ76 matched to the Rival R176-P-08 woofer. That is a really nice ribbon. In a moment of insanity, I sold them. If my memory serves me, I crossed them around 1.9k.

• @tktran said:
    @a4eaudio

Have you had a chance to measure those BoZhen tweeters? Any data to share?

As you know, the shipping cost pushed me to give up those tweeters, but I was later informed that were available with round faceplates.

I have not measured them yet. I plan to use them in the Spring with the 6" B&W FST Continuum's you recommended (although the 2017 version).

The owner of Bozhen could do round and also silver, it would just cost extra. I think their might have also needed to be a minimum order, but since he clearly has a supplier I'm sure he can work just about anything out as long as the buyer is willing to pay a little more.

• @tktran , I just noticed that I did not post any of my Bozhen CQ76B measurements in my "Bozhen Esoteric Project" thread. I'll zip them up and attach them to that thread if you are interested.

• I am interested too. Have those ribbons, yet to put them to use. How low you suppose they can go?

• edited December 2023

@4thtry

That would be fantastic. I think you mentioned the baffle dimensions and round-over in that thread too... a tweeter ability to cross low allows some flexibility, but as you have found, going as low possible is not always ideal.

Closer directivity transitions may be better, and will require experimenting with crossover points and slopes.

Gowa