Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (7)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Full range with peerless tc9fd

Hello guys. For the last couple days I have been working on this speaker. I came up with parallel lcr filter, 0.45mh inductor, 12uf capacitors, 5 ohm resistor.
Some measurements with and without baffle. My idea was simulation if it's on the table by the PC or wall. To my ears it sounds awesome if I am not playing bass heavy music, since it has no bass and just makes distortion. Sounds the best with smooth jazz

hifisideSteve_Lee

Comments

• edited January 2

I am not sure how accurate the microphone is in higher frequency, it's a mini dsp and over 5 years old, but at about 20 to 25 degrees off axis measures flat with baffle on one side

kenrhodesrjj45hifisidetajanesSteve_Lee4thtry
  • That looks really good. I love that TC9 driver. I built a pair for my wife to use in her home office. I think the filter I used was probably very similar.

Bogda89
  • edited January 2

@Tom_S said:
    That looks really good. I love that TC9 driver. I built a pair for my wife to use in her home office. I think the filter I used was probably very similar.

Probably one of best value and performance for 3 inch driver. It sounds the best with 0 toe in, pointed straight. Due to elevated treble response on axis but high directivity, it sounds awesome in a whole room. And it's a fairly large room. Mac6 project is next.

Silver1omojr@mac