Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Nostalgic Audio stuff.

Went to my buddy’s shop today. He’s a car audio hoarder.

ugly_wooferdynamo6thplanet

Comments

• edited January 2

DAYUMMM! All that stuff brings back great memories!

• edited January 2

Quite the impressive collection! I still have one of those Kenwood 10 disc CD changers in cold storage. And it still works good. I also had one of those two Sanyo 100W stereo power amps. The power supply failed, so I converted it to an 8 ohm dummy load for my test bench.

• The Jbl’s could use some luvin

6thplanet
  • I still have a JL Audio 6 channel A6450 amp although my car audio days are long gone. Built like a tank and feels like one too. Just can't force myself to part with it.

• Wow, that is amazing!

• He has some nice home & pro audio items too. My eyes perked up when I saw the JBL L100s and Crown Macro Tech amps.

• Not sure if those are really Macrotech models. They don't have the right handles, in fact none, and no IOC lights. I wonder if they aren't an older Comtech model. They are not the 10000 beast, 5000/5002, or 2400 amps; as I'm pretty familiar with those.

• Glorious.
    I'm still rockin my SS Rubicon 604. The SS Reference 12 is sitting in it's original box.
    Also still rockin a late nineties Pioneer and 6 disk changer in the Saturn.

• I probably posted these, but for mastalgia sake...
    This was the trunk of my 86 Cavalier. Sorry the pics are a bit blurry, these were taken with a cheap 35mm throw away camera. Lol remember those!!😎

jr@machifisideugly_wooferWolfSteve_Lee
  • I was to cheap to afford an actual linear actuator for that EQ. I modified a power antenna to move it in and out.

jr@macugly_wooferSteve_Lee
  • Man, this is cool as shit.

My 90s setup was a pair of Terminator 15s, MB Quart components, Coustic PowerLogic amps (460 and 260), and Coustic electronic crossover. All this was wedged in a 1986 Pontiac Sunbird lol. Good times.

6thplanet
    I have a signature.
  • Bonus points to anyone that gets my license plate.😛

• @6thplanet said:
    Bonus points to anyone that gets my license plate.😛

Z24 Cav ?

• edited January 3

@6thplanet said:
    Bonus points to anyone that gets my license plate.😛

mosfet

https://www.vishay.com/docs/91291/irfz44.pdf

6thplanet
  • edited January 3

...and Kornbread gets the prize!!

I did that as a joke among us repair techs. A lot of amplifiers back in the day used those, so the running joke was...just throw some Z44's at it.

hifiside
  • Smoke a few ...