Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Comments

• That was a fun to read through. Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks for the info. That was quite the marathon of testing, especially considering that you were sick! Hope you are feeling better this week.

• Just a cold, but unfortunately I got sick on my last day of work before Christmas break, and mostly better just in time to go back to work.

It was actually quite fun running through all these measurements, and pretty easily done with what I have set up. There were a few surprises in there for sure. One I won't post is Morel EM1308, my pair has some serious QC problem so I won't bother to post it as its not useful information for someone purchasing a good pair. It's 3rd order distortion is better than the Peerless, that's all I'll say. I've some other drivers I could throw in the mix, but I don't think there will be much new information there that isn't already available online. DX20, AMT3-4, I guess CSS LD22 in an Augerpro waveguide could be an interesting one to show.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • edited January 10

Thanks for posting.

I was looking for a nice 5.25” midwoofer, when the budget doesn’t stretch to 8530K Revelator or Purifi 5.25X levels …

I had always been curious about the 831882, and was tempted to buy some NOS just to test and see… it looks quite serviceable to 2KHz or even 3K…

• I push mine all the way to 3.2KHz, love ‘em.

• Is the phase plug removable?

• Negative.