Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Freud finger joint bit

Comments

• It seems unnecessary for edge glue ups.

• The advantage is alignment and glue area. often used in production shops because it can speed up the process a lot. It also works on end joints where a butt joint won't work.

• . . . Probably reduces cracking as the wood swells and contracts too - I have one in my check-out basket now - thanks for the tip.

• That looks pretty cool and I'm sure it helps strengthen the joints. But I don't do edge glued panels so....

hifiside
  • An end grain butt joint is the only joint that would be improved by this bit. A properly done edge joint will be stronger than the wood itself. Like most wood joints when and how to use them is the most important part.

@PWRRYD said:
    That looks pretty cool and I'm sure it helps strengthen the joints. But I don't do edge glued panels so....

I assume you don't do edge glued panels because you don't have a plainer?

• Man rule number 12
    Always get some kind of bad ass tool every time you do a honey do project.
    Every time

Steve_Leerjj45
  • Mrs. PWRRYD Needs flower boxes. Craig says, I cant make flower boxes without a good jointer.

6thplanet
  • Good, as in helical cutter head

Steve_Lee6thplanetColonel7
  • edited February 13

I do have a nice Delta plainer, but it will only do 12.5" wide boards.

kenrhodes
  • My wife can come out to the shop and count how many woofers I have. She can count my sanders. But she has never counted a piece of equipment like a jointer.

6thplanet4thtry
  • At least someone get me. My buddy 6thplanet

• 8 inch jointer on sale at Grizzly $500 off.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails