Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

I have some thoughts

All our projects presented here, or at DIY events, would carry so much more gravitas if we would just tell their story with a Brit accent.

These may well sound fabulous, but, smallest 3-way? I wonder if he's familiar with KennyK's briefcase 3-way pair. FYI, these list at $1400/pair.

jr@macrjj45

Comments

• The designer spiel and Q & A.

jr@mac
  • World's smallest 3-way speaker? Wolf must be rolling on the floor laughing right now.

6thplanetSteve_Lee
  • But which British accent - there are so many, even within the same town,

Apparently from research into call centres, the most 'trusted' accent is Geordie (Newcastle), and the least trusted, anything posh.

Geoff

Turn2
  • edited April 3

Yeah, I already saw that. I have not found one to top my miniscule Bottleships yet in that category....

Kenny's 3ways sounded quite good as well. They were about twice the volume of my B'ships though, IIRC.

• According to product literature, the Super Dentons are 375mm tall, 246mm wide and 275mm deep. The Hafnium's are smaller - 355mm tall, 203mm wide and 265mm deep. I like the design concept,but would not be at all concerned about putting the Hafnium's up against them sonically and I am confident the Hafnium's could be profitably manufactured and sold for less than $1k per pair.

The HiVi DIY 3.1's are a little bigger than the Denton's, but not much.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Heck, my Monoculus, Purveyor, Bottleships, Xenoliths, NEHD, and future pending Amaranthine are ALL smaller than those by volume.

• @Wolf said:
    Yeah, I already saw that. I have not found one to top my miniscule Bottleships yet in that category....

Kenny's 3ways sounded quite good as well. They were about twice the volume of my B'ships though, IIRC.

Sorry to exclude yours Wolf. I haven't seen any of those yet in person and even the Dentons are tough to gauge from the video alone.

So, is it possible at all to do any reverse engineering of these drivers, or does Wharfedale have a lock on their own drivers? I'm familiar with the name, of course, but know little of any of their products.

• No sweat, Richard.

I'm pretty sure they are proprietary drivers.

Turn2