Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Infinity IMG 8" woofers

13»

Comments

• edited May 27

Those ^ look good. Pricey though.

Still have a quad of MCM55-5670's looking for a home and using DSP they model like this in 34 Liters (1.2 cu ft):

f3 = 45 Hz, f6 = 39 Hz.

Oops - Sorry for the thread hijack, Erik.

Analogkid455
  • @DrewsBrews said:
    Dang thats a hefty change. Using a bunch of neodymium? I tried it myself one time, but got much smaller changes. Maybe due to a subwoofer having heavier cone with more influence on Q.

If I were to try to mimic this Infinity design myself with the MCMs.. I'd have to make em deeper for ~2cf ported to get satisfactory bass extension.

I used ferrite magnets. They are 2.5" diameter .75" thick.

• @Steve_Lee said:
    Those ^ look good. Pricey though.

Still have a quad of MCM55-5670's looking for a home and using DSP they model like this in 34 Liters (1.2 cu ft):

f3 = 45 Hz, f6 = 39 Hz.

Oops - Sorry for the thread hijack, Erik.

No problem. I was looking at the MCMs for while but they just go low enough for me or it needed a big box.
    I have the RSS210HO-8s two per box but I am using them with PRs. They are worth the money.
    The GRS that was mentioned I also have. It is in a sealed box and gets to 41 hz in .5 cubic feet. They are great for the price but as mentioned, doesn't go very high. 300 hz is as high as I could go with them.

• edited May 28

I put a quad of those ^ subs in my PE wish list for purchase later this year when another major sale comes up - thanks for the link pointing them out.

Using the MCM's and a Linkwitz Transform I get this (Just an FYI):

f3 = 40, f6 = 32 & f10 = 24 Hz.

Analogkid455
  • @Steve_Lee said:
    I put a quad of those ^ subs in my PE wish list for purchase later this year when another major sale comes up - thanks for the link pointing them out.

A pair of those drivers have the Xmax to handle that type of filter, that's for sure.

Steve_LeeAnalogkid455
    I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:

@Steve_Lee said:

A pair of those drivers have the Xmax to handle that type of filter, that's for sure.

I was wondering about that. Usually a Linkwitz Transform will cause problems there.

• Funny thing is, I have the Dayton 2" domes and the Fountek ribbons tweeters already but I also have the GRS NEO 3 copies.

• edited May 31

I might have to check these out:
    https://ebay.com/itm/321820016777

Can find the same pair for about $31 shipped on Aliexpress. Probably ships from the same place.

• @DrewsBrews said:
    I might have to check these out:
    https://ebay.com/itm/321820016777

Can find the same pair for about $31 shipped on Aliexpress. Probably ships from the same place.

Junk. Been there, done that.

6thplanetSteve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • The bestons aren't much more and they are good.

jr@mac