Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Small box passive radiator questions for the MAC-04

edited June 7 in DIY

I'd like to repurpose some boxes into some MAC-04 2-ways. The boxes are wedge-shaped and not really conducive to porting, but would easily accept a couple 4" PRs (but no larger) on the back. The volume unported is ~4.5 liters.

I have several Peerless 830878 3-1/2" Passive Radiators (Sd = 50.2 cm2, coated paper cone) and I have a couple Dayton ND105-PRs (Sd = 51.5 cm2, AL cone). The Daytons would appear to have more Xmax, but I believe either would have as much as the MAC-04.

My questions center on what would be the consequences of using one of each per box? Are mismatched PRs a big no-no, or would there be advantages? Should I just go with a pair of the Peerless PRs, or should I acquire another pair of the ND105s? This isn't a big rush, but it is something I could throw together pretty quickly once the plan is in place. TIA.

Comments

• I say go for the pair per side and share the models. I'm curious to see what people come up with for my humble little drivers.

I have a signature.
  • A single ND105-PR per box will work. No additional mass needed.

The Peerless PR's won't give decent results for that driver and box.

Turn2