Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Coaxial shenanigans

2»

Comments

• edited August 6

The other one was worse. Ugh almost wrote it off but it finally broke free. Seems like they have a reasonable excursion range before rubbing but I'll need to test em again.

I thought superglue (non gel) was my best option since it is so thin. I figured it would flatten/wet out rather than build up enough to touch the former. Maybe I applied too much somehow. Maybe next time use a paper spacer to soak up the glue then quickly remove it before it sticks too bad.

• Super Glue isn't that great when it comes to bonding plastic. They are much better glues made for that application.

• edited August 6

• I love them GRS 8’s for the money. I built these for a local guy in a 3200 sq.ft build and they are impressive!!!!

jr@macEggguyPWRRYDSteve_Leetajanes6thplanetkenrhodesugly_woofer
  • I bet all of those together really get it done!

• edited August 7

Mine were swapped out for dayton pa200s in the original build i tried em in. IMO the Daytons have warmer less dry tone, meatier bottom end, and cleaner fr in crossover zone. Probably 2x the driver but 2x the $ too. So it's a wash for value per dollar I'd say.

• Curious what ever came of these?

• Sitting waiting for me to do something with them. Was planning to gut a previous build and reuse the cabinets. I'll probably get to it as the weather kills off other activities.

kenrhodes
  • Gosh 8pt-8 is on sale for ~$20ea right now. Trying hard to not think of goin balls out and doing a tower 888 style.

• They wouldn't be the biggest speaker you've built. I say go for it.

Steve_Lee