Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (5)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Trying to keep out of trouble; impedance question.

edited October 15 in DIY

I’ve been playing with VituixCad setting a LP 1st order on a 4ohm woofer with a HP 1st order on an 8ohm full-ranger with varying -3dB target levels on each driver, to look at the affect on the system’s impedance load to an amp. I.e. a) with a large overlap where the LP (woofer) is set at 400Hz with the HP (full ranger) set at 100Hz, and b) with a disconnect / hole with a LP at 200Hz and a HP at 800Hz. The ‘goal’ of this exercise is just to look at extremes to see if either largely overlapping or underlapping a 4ohm woofer with an 8ohm full ranger gets the system’s impedance below 4ohms, i.e. as would be the case by paralleling (without a crossover) these two drivers. I didn’t see any issues, but wanted to check with this group as I’ve been known to mess up modeling in the past. Additionally, do differing orders have unique issues I should be aware of?

Thanks

Comments