Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

MP3 downloads

Does anyone know a good site to purchase music downloads?
I currently use 7digital Canada, but they have a limited catalog.

Comments

• edited October 21

I use Quora to download music.
    I've got an "old guy" view of digital media.
    The Cloud can disappear anytime. I want to own my copy of the thing.

PWRRYDWolfSteve_LeeGeoffMillar
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • @Gowa said:
    Does anyone know a good site to purchase music downloads?
    I currently use 7digital Canada, but they have a limited catalog.

I have used HD tracks in the past. I try to get the CD and rip it myself.

Wolfrjj45
  • Yeah, I buy CDs and rip them. I have bought quite a few from HD Tracks but stopped when I started really critically listening and determined that 1: the hi-rez stuff is indistinguishable from FLAC - provided the same master was used and 2: a lot of the HD Tracks stuff is mastered worse than standard issues.

As far as where to buy MP3 I am not sure - been a long time since I looked for those files.

I have a signature.
  • edited October 22

I'm on bandcamp a lot these days, but I don't think they carry many larger artists. All their downloads are mp3 or flac, etc.

= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Bandcamp allows downloads in MP3 (VBR), FLAC, ALAC (Apple Lossless), AAC, Ogg Vorbis, WAV and AIFF formats. The catalog is heavily weighted to Indie, new music, and emerging artists, but I've also picked up stuff from Tedeshi Trucks Band and the like. Never have any issues.

• Before I signed up for Tidal I bought most of my CD's at the local Goodwill or the local library's sale of donated books and media. On occasion I bought new and used CD's from Amazon. A lot of music on Amazon is available in MP3 format.

JasonP