Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

The Microfarads - InDIYana 3l Project

Hey Everyone, hopefully many of you guys get to see and hear these next week!

These are my entry for InDIYana 3l "Nano" project, I'll post more info about them when I finish writing the full build thread.

They feature the PS95 Dayton, Tang Band W5-2053 and Peerless 5" passive radiators (2 per side).  XO is around 300hz, with some shaping on the FR unit.

Enclosure is solid Mahogany with Danish oil, the PS95 features it's own molded fiberglass enclosure. I'll wax them this weekend.

They sound really good IMHO especially for the size, the bass response from this W5 driver is phenomenal, they match most 10" subs I've used up to 90db no problem, currently they are limited by the passive radiators which get stretched really hard at louder volumes, tuned to 55hz.  Hard to believe a speaker this small can product that much bass.

thanks!
Javad

ScottSkennyk4thtry

Comments

• Great camera work!
    JavadS
    I have a signature.
  • Looking forward to hearing them.  
    JavadS
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Beautiful wood Javad! Good job fitting all that into 3lt B)
    JavadS
  • Beautiful cabinets!  Very unique and interesting shape.  Can't wait to hear these next week.  This should be a good low frequency comparison of the same driver being used in two different types of loading formats. :)    
  • Thanks guys!  Yes very impressed with the bass though they are boosted heavily at 50hz due to the volume, I want to do a 5l version of these in the near future and lower the tuning frequency.
  • Very nice sounding and great looking design. The solid wood cabinets look even better in real life... =)
    JavadS
  • Great combo and sexy wood, I just want to rub them.
    JavadS
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • kennyk said:
    Great combo and sexy wood, I just want to rub them.
    Kenny great to meet you, and I wish you would have told me, the Microfarads aim to please! :3

Thanks Ani! :)