Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Music that should suck but...

...doesn't.

I have no pride, so I will list a few songs that I absolutely love that probably should land me in man-jail for doing so.

1. "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus (that one alone should be enough to justify assault and battery in a dark alley). 

2. "Seasons In The Sun" by Terry Jacks (seriously?)

3. "Blue" by Eiffel 65 (shoot me now and preserve what remains of my masculinity)

4. "Barbie Girl" by Aqua (OK now we are just ridiculous)

5. "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something (I am a hopeless, if emasculated, romantic - and that song is spot-on)

Maybe there are more, probably so... Anyone else care to share the music that is awesome but shouldn't be?
I have a signature.
MzissersonkennykJasonPJavadS

Comments

• OOH! I love guilty pleasure threads!

1. "Centepede" - Knife Party... its dub, it should be mostly noise but its like they took pure adrenline and made it music. 

2. "Feelin' Groovy" -Simon and Garfunkle....The name says it all. Way too much fun boppin' the noggin side to side for an end of album filler. 

3. "Shake it off" - Taylor Swift... She says it best "while your getting down about all the liars and cheats in the world you could be getting down with this.....sick.....beat

4. "Goodbye Stranger" -Supertramp. Dat chord progression tho!

5. "Love yourself" - Justin Biber. Yep. 

Bonus: just about any version of the ol' standard "you'll never know me" will get me misty. Specially the Barbershop Quartet version. 
  • Fuck yes!

I will add (based on my suspect status as a man) the following:

1. "Just Like A Pill" by Pink and

2. "Family Portrait" by Pink

Also"

3. "My Heart Will Go On (I check all self-respect and manhood at the door at this point) by Celine Dion. 

Gooooood shit. 
    Turn2kennyk
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Fuck yes!

I will add (based on my suspect status as a man) the following:

1. "Just Like A Pill" by Pink and

2. "Family Portrait" by Pink

Also"

3. "My Heart Will Go On (I check all self-respect and manhood at the door at this point) by Celine Dion. 

Gooooood shit. 
    Ok.... ok..... I see you those and raise you (and my voice an octive or two)...

Sarah Brightmans version of "Whiter Shade of Pale

Whitney Huston's "I will always love you"

And

Seal "Don't Cry".... fucking heroic! 
  • I somehow got hooked into seeing Pink with the Mrs. a few years ago. I can claim total immunity. However, I have always had a soft spot for anything by the B-52's. That count?
  • Turn2 said:
    I somehow got hooked into seeing Pink with the Mrs. a few years ago. I can claim total immunity. However, I have always had a soft spot for anything by the B-52's. That count?
    "Deadbeat Club" is fucking sublime! 
    I have a signature.
  • Can't really go wrong with Topaz either.  

Following that line of thought further, I probably would have completely worn out my Was not Was, What up Dog? CD if such a thing were possible.
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • "The 59th Street Bridge Song"- Al Kooper and Mike Bloomfield. Also any lounge lizard song by Kooper.
    I'm feeling groovy.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • ScottS said:
    Can't really go wrong with Topaz either...
    Very nice, but...

Dreamland. Try it if you haven't kiddies.
  • Hmmm... I feel like I'd have to put my entire collection in this thread... doh'
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • They don't suck, but are a little off da radar, http://donnathebuffalo.com/
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • I've always had something of a soft spot for Duran Duran, that count?
  • Depeche mode , gotta be in the mood for it though
    +1
    Nicholas_23
    Love some of their older stuff.
    Nicholas_23
  • Aww hell , I'll throw some punk into the mix..violent femmes and some social D

• Duran Duran
  • Another guilty pleasure of mine - and I use that term very loosely because I really have zero guilt about how my brain responds to music, it is who I am - is late 90's through mid 2000's techno. Think... DJ Sammy and Paul Oakenfold type stuff. 

greywarden
    I have a signature.
  • Alestorm. Gotta be in the mood for it though.

Collective Soul is another "guilty" pleasure for me.

• I believe in a thing called love - The Darkness
    All the things she said - TATU
  • UB40 is another one I'll add to the list
  • Die Antwoord when I'm feelin' ZEF
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)