Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

One More Limp Question

I'm playing around with Limp and was wondering when you do the added mass method to determine the T/S parameters you get two results for v/c impedance - Le and L2 - do you add these two numbers together to get the result? The driver i'm measuring says .77mH on the website and I get .227 for Le and .435 for L2.

Comments

• Le is weird. All those two numbers indicate is inductance is rising with frequency, like most drivers. Le is at, say 1k and L2 is at, say 10k. It can help you visualize the Le curve - as if it were not right on the screen.

That being said, no worries. Knowing Le can give an extremely limited idea of how a driver will perform distortion wise, but is otherwise of no interest in this day and age if computer based design tools.
    kennykgreywardenSilver1omo
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Le is weird. All those two numbers indicate is inductance is rising with frequency, like most drivers. Le is at, say 1k and L2 is at, say 10k. It can help you visualize the Le curve - as if it were not right on the screen.

That being said, no worries. Knowing Le can give an extremely limited idea of how a driver will perform distortion wise, but is otherwise of no interest in this day and age if computer based design tools.
    Thanks JR B)
  • In DATS you can choose between 1k or 10k, LIMP just gives you both. 
    LIMP away.