Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Non-audio DIY (taking a short break from speakers)

I've been taking a break from speaker design to get some projects finished in other hobbies. So I've been spending the time since the last Iowa DIY working on model kits and custom painting / detailing model railroading equipment. This is why I didn't have anything new with me at DDIY.

Since some folks here expressed interest, I'll post photos here as I get things done. I have three locomotives left of the five I wanted to get done by the end of December and a half dozen model kits ( two tanks, three airplanes, and a car) I'd like to do in the same time frame. Then it's on to an open baffle crash course for next year's DIY get togethers.

I did this airplane back in January and took it to a show in Rochester, MN on the first Saturday of February, and wound up with a bronze in the novice category.
1/72 scale Martin 167 "Maryland" in French livery

... more to come
jr@macNicholas_23Turn2Mzissersonkennyk

Comments

• That is one swell model... Nice
  •  I'm familiar with the B-26 but not this 167, now onto the Google's for more info. Nicely done sir!
  • Some updates to make.

Finished up a T26/OT134 in 1/35th scale. Built straight from the box with no aftermarket parts. I may eventually upgrade the tracks from the vinyl strips it has now to individual link.

Current project, and still in progress, is a German PzII ausf D in 1/35th scale. Building it mostly from the box, but with an aftermarket metal turret MG - the plastic one it came with just didn't cut it. The tracks are individual link and I'm liking the level of detail. This one will eventually be part of a small vignette.

Regrettably, I had to junk a couple airplanes. One of them was very poorly tooled and the other one was made well past the point that the molds had worn out.
    Nicholas_23
  • One other project is this:

My folks had gotten a window replaced, so I snagged the shipping crate to make a table for the dovetail fixture for my router. I'm currently toying with making it a full-on router table in addition. Keeping alignment on a removable fence so it is perfectly straight each time it is attached is what I'm currently debating. If a workable solution presents itself I'm gonna go for it.
    jr@macD1PP1N
  • First blood on the dovetail jig is a small storage box for my dad's binoculars.

• Very nice! You're planning a fully dovetailed cabinet for your next speaker project, right?
  • At some point in the near future, yes.