Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

MCM Clearancing has begun...

Comments

• Well, I am not a fan of PE price structures but it will be nice to possibly see some of the classic MCM drivers continue on in a new life. My experience has been that PE prices about 33% higher than equivalent offerings from MCM, so not sure how well it will translate - and I am fairly certain they will not be too excited about the KB drivers stepping on the RS drivers toes. 
    I have a signature.
  • PWRRYD said:
    See?  I had 4 of those HDS drivers in my cart and missed the sale price by one day.  Wanna trade?  :)
    Not to worry, I got the Audible Physics 6.5" for 1.25$ more than the Dynavox...! But I am really sad i missed the 20$ amps - those are really great for gifting, elsewhere they are 70-80$
  • Keeping my hands in my pockets.
    ani_101
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Thought this was interesting, there's a jumper running from one end of the terminal to the other end of the terminal then to the coil. 
  • Amp builders alert:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/SURE-ELECTRONICS-AA-AB33184-/28-20874

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/28-20904?green=11113320252

An actual name brand power supply, no less. A guy could make a pretty solid Class D amp with those two things, I imagine. 

Then again, those rack amps they have clearanced out look pretty damn good for the money - I need a measurement amp, what else do I need? I would have no problem driving them in the ol' PA rack but not sure how to integrate one with a PC sound card. Thoughts?
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Well, I am not a fan of PE price structures but it will be nice to possibly see some of the classic MCM drivers continue on in a new life. My experience has been that PE prices about 33% higher than equivalent offerings from MCM, so not sure how well it will translate - and I am fairly certain they will not be too excited about the KB drivers stepping on the RS drivers toes. 
    I don't think the KB Series will be making its way over here. I am going to try my best to bring in a few different drivers that are very similar to some over at MCM. 
  • Send me an email, Geoff. I have some questions re. the KB drivers. 
    I have a signature.
  • Damn could haVe saved 40 bucks on the amp board and powersupply. 
  • I'll post numbers later, but I will say that the AP 4" is a great little driver so far. Boxes are basically done. Ports in tomorrow, maybe. Might have just enough time to bring them to Meniscus
  • I'll post numbers later, but I will say that the AP 4" is a great little driver so far. Boxes are basically done. Ports in tomorrow, maybe. Might have just enough time to bring them to Meniscus
    I hope you get them done in time Chuck.  I had a pair in my cart, then backed them out.  I'm really curious about those.  I did grab a pair of the Meanwell power supplies and the Sure amps though, along with an "emergency jump starter" that is basically an 18000mAh Li-ion battery with 12V and 19V outputs for $20.  Should be able to provide about 70W to one of those Sure amps for 5 hours.

Dan
  • edited September 2017
    Got the $13 Dynavox woofers today.  Here are my WT3 results after exercising the woofers manually and using the added mass method for Vas.  Fs 57,  Qts .6025,  Qes .774,  Qms 2.71,  Le .4463,  mms 14.04,  Vas 11.27 liters.  The second woofer was very close.  I think I will be putting these in my pickup doors with a Seas 1 1/8" tweeter. 
  • Which woofer, Mitchell?
    I have a signature.
  • edited September 2017
    jr@mac said:
    Which woofer, Mitchell?
    The $13 Dynavox.  Thanks for the heads up Johnny.  I went back and edited the post with that information. 
  • Im not sure is this can drive 4 channels simultaneously or only 2 at a time. Seems like a good deal tho for minidsp

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/STELLAR-LABS-50-16650-/50-16650
  • I was eyeballing that for the same thing
  • I got one of those 4x40. will switch out the sure 4x100 amp to try and see how it holds up
    Nicholas_23
  • I bought the sure amp and power supply but need a portable preamp for it. This jist seems easier if its not junk. Not if i want to roll the dice. 
  • Some unadvertised specials over to MCM now - the Monacor drivers, the Visaton drivers, and it appears the Faital drivers look to be reduced price but do not show up on the clearance page. 

Man, they are really exiting the DIY game big time. I hate that, they were legitimate competition for PE. 
    I have a signature.
  • The monitor mount for 17 bucks is legit. Need to run the cables yet.
    Have a link?
    How the fudge you game with that index finger mouse nonsense!
  • I love track balls!
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Not supposed to game at work  B)
    D1PP1N
  • Not supposed to surf audio forums either <span>:open_mouth:</span>
    D1PP1N
  • So bummed I missed out on the Dunavox 6.5", I had 8 in my cart and didn't pull the trigger soon enough! Such a good driver for the price.
  • edited September 2017
    $13 for these.  There may be a pair left.  4 are most MCM would let me put in the cart.  
     http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/55-4662
  • Sooo... I have a problem - like a serious problem. Probably akin to gambling. I just bought another $150 worth of shit from MCM. 

I put in an order on these (odds are much of it will not ship):

Qty 4: Monacor 1" dome tweeters
    Qty 4: AP 6.5" 
    Qty 4: AP 3/4" 
    Qty 2: Faital 5"
    Qty 4: KB 5" <----I now will have a lot of these. They will be the basic woofer in the multiple pairs I plan on building as gifts.
    Qty 2: AP 4"
    Qty 2: Axis 5" midrange

Just a heads up - it looks like most of their single conductor hook-up wire is deep discount, now, as well. Also tons of XLR and RCA stuff. Also tons of soldering stuff. I am going to miss MCM more than most I suspect - but it is a great time to be a DIY'er with no impulse control and a very patient and understanding spouse... 
    I have a signature.
  • Those kb woofers are going for 10$, just too amazing, but I am already too stretched this month