Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Meniscus DIY - Grand Rapids

2»

Comments

• Still rendering some video, but there's plenty to see at the archive:  http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/event-archive/meniscus-2017/
    kennyk
    My signature goes here
  • What is the story behind the Time Frame speakers in pictures 93-95?  
  • edited September 2017
    Basically the DIY guy who did this DCM cabinet repurpose (and he's also a forum member here), took the Blues Kit (Matt Sobie - designer), filled in the old driver cutouts and popped in the Blues Kit, standard Blues XO too.  He left the original transmission line in the cabinet and I have to say, it's not too shabby sounding. The initial idea was to refurbish the original speakers, but they were way beyond repair, so thumbs up for the DIY bug taking over and saving a very cool pair of cabinets.  Maybe the owner will chime in, but for now, pics. 
    My signature goes here
  • Cool, I like to see things like this.  Thanks for the information.
  • Cool, I like to see things like this.  Thanks for the information.
    You got it man.  I enjoyed that project too.....I love to see this sort of thinking - it reinforces "DIY" and that's why we're all here.  
    My signature goes here
  • The evolving coverage: http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/event-archive/meniscus-2017/

And the (so far) unannounced Meniscus Presenter video: https://goo.gl/9SqRPV

For the record, this is a great Midwest DIY event.  The Meniscus crew along with this rather short guy: Matt Sobie, collaborate to create a laid back, stress/drama free DIY Audio event.  Thoroughly enjoyed myself.     
    kennykD1PP1N
    My signature goes here
  • Bryan, I gotta say the intro video is a great idea. I Think I like it more than the demos! Thank you for doing this.
  • I reall make this event next time!
  • Bryan, I gotta say the intro video is a great idea. I Think I like it more than the demos! Thank you for doing this.
    Here's the rub - already got a youtube comment - "but how do they sound?" 

isaeagle4031
    My signature goes here
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    Bryan, I gotta say the intro video is a great idea. I Think I like it more than the demos! Thank you for doing this.

Like your laptop lol
    Bryan@MAC
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    Bryan, I gotta say the intro video is a great idea. I Think I like it more than the demos! Thank you for doing this.

Like your laptop lol
    Point taken.  However, if you play the youtube footage back on a real system, you actually can tell the difference between a tiny TM and a bigger TM....basically people are focusing on the boom-sizzle, which is sad.  In this particular video there's zero music though, so of course we have to deal with the comments from the peanut gallery.  When we do insert music, we get put on "copyright watch" by YouTube.  You just can't win.  

My signature goes here