Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Speakerchat (see sidebar link!)

edited August 2016 in DIY
Chatachat?

Comments

• Rumblechat is happening, click the sidebar link to join!
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Is there a replacement?
  • No one seemed interested in Discord when I posted about it a long time ago...I still think a MAC Discord group would be ideal IMO, as there are clients for every OS or just log in via web browser, as well as supporting photos, voice chat, video chat, and screen sharing. At a previous job we used Discord for pretty much all inter-office communication and it was surprisingly functional. 
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • edited March 2020
    I think it would be good too.  I have been away a while, due to being busy , but miss having conversations (that I remember 1/3 of)  with people way smarter than me 
  • Under the circumstances, corvid-19, chat could be more attractive.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • You know I'm just going to ask you questions and not remember it ;)  miss you
    Bryan@MAC
  • well if there was ever a time to resurrect speakchat.....

kenrhodes
    My signature goes here
  • good idea.
  • I'm happy to set up a Discord group, but it wouldn't be an "official" MAC group, but can still be set up as an invite only type of thing to ward off the riffraff.
    R-CarpenterSilver1omo
  • I'd be up for joining a community driven Discord server not run by me (I have too much Discord going on that I manage for myself). If you create the server, I can put a link on the left or such?
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • edited March 2020
    No problem, I haven't managed a Discord server, so this could be interesting. How hard could it be? :)

Anyway, here's the link, invite your friends unless they are Craig K, he's not invited.

I am requiring an email verified account, so make sure you complete this step of your Discord account creation before attempting to join.
    jr@macbrek81PWRRYDJasonPSilver1omo
  • Bump, chat room is still open, several members have joined up, couldn't hurt to have a few more ;)