Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Ribbon measuring

2»

Comments

• Sorry abt the tweeter, but neat tear down....
  • Found my set , they were in the Jeep. Cause that's where guys leave their tools don't ya know. It's a T15 if anyone's curious.
    Only if you own a Heep... ah I mean a Jeep  lol
    Nicholas_23
  • Ill have to get these out with a press or vise.not going to happen with a flathead screwdriver and armstrong power
  • Anyone at MAC know who these were procured from? These came from Dakota diy this last summer.
    IIRC they came from Meniscus but JR received the goodies for DDIY so I'd shoot him a text and ask. 
    My signature goes here
  • You might try throwing a little heat on them to get the pieces out.
  • Pretty light metal, maybe aluminum? Likely warp
  • I didn't say use a torch lol. It is more than likely aluminum or at least an alloy although I doubt it. A lighter might be enough and I doubt it would warp the metal. It will leave a little carbon residue on it but it should wipe right off.
     You could also press it (as you suggested earlier) carefully in a vise.
  • Confirmed , it's aluminum.
  • I don't think you going to get far with heat. I would give it a tap with a hardwood wedge.
    Screwdriver may dent Al. AL is soft.
  • I think you might have voided the warranty at this point. Just sayin
    My signature goes here
  • I don't think you going to get far with heat.
    Maybe not as they are both the same materials and would have a similar expansion rate. That being said I Have used heat to remove pressed in parts on motorcycle cases (aluminum magnesium alloy) many times. The trick is to try to keep heat off of the part you are removing so it expands less.
  • Killa said:
    I don't think you going to get far with heat.
    Maybe not as they are both the same materials and would have a similar expansion rate. That being said I Have used heat to remove pressed in parts on motorcycle cases (aluminum magnesium alloy) many times. The trick is to try to keep heat off of the part you are removing so it expands less.
        Have pressed in many main bearings, have also dropped them into place by heating the case-halves in the oven, and cooling the main bearings in the freezer.  Guess we have something in common other than audio.   B)  
  • Kornbread said:
    Killa said:
    I don't think you going to get far with heat.
        Have pressed in many main bearings, have also dropped them into place by heating the case-halves in the oven, and cooling the main bearings in the freezer.  Guess we have something in common other than audio.   B)  
    I don't know what you are talking about, I only have five motorcycles :)