Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

New drivers...

124»

Comments

• edited March 2018

PWRRYD said:
    Hi Don,
    I've been listening to these for the last two weeks.  I love them, they are fantastic woofers with excellent midrange!  I just finished voicing the crossovers for my 2 ways using these and the HiVi planars.  I couldn't be happier.
    Craig

Livin' the dream!  Thanks.  Gonna go rob my piggy bank.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I like figured maple. Very lively. One never gets tiered of looking at it.
    rjj45
  • So I really wonder how much better the CAC are than the NAC SB drivers. Can't wait to get a chance to hear some builds and compare!
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • PWRRYD said:
    Hi Don,
    I've been listening to these for the last two weeks.  I love them, they are fantastic woofers with excellent midrange!  I just finished voicing the crossovers for my 2 ways using these and the HiVi planars.  I couldn't be happier.
    Craig

Hi Craig,

Can you share where you crossed the HiVi to the SB's?

Can't wait to hear them!

Jim
  • 4th order L-R right at 3000 Hz is where I ended up.  They integrate very well there.  Off axis measurements are very smooth with no peaking around xo point.
  • PWRRYD said:
    4th order L-R right at 3000 Hz is where I ended up.  They integrate very well there.  Off axis measurements are very smooth with no peaking around xo point.
    Thanks Craig!

Jim
  • I was a little concerned when I was simulating the XO that 3k might be too low to push that planar.  Yesterday I was listening to some very dynamic music at much louder than normal levels.  There was no hint that the planar was under any strain.  I reached for the volume control a couple of times, to turn it up a little, not down  =)
  • I xovered my Vijon at 3k as well, and just in case, I added a PTC on them for power handling. Not only have they never complained, but I've never tripped the PTC. HiVi recommends 2.5k+. They are articulate and open sounding, and the wider diaphragm helps under a more dynamic situ. If I think I have a design licked sometimes, I put these up and feel I should scrap the one I've been working on. They are just that nice!
  • I like this planar better than the NeoCD1.0 ribbons in my Gormachos.  It's been a while since I disassembled my Agendas so I can't compare them to the RT1C-A.
  • I think the RT1C-A is a bit more delicate sounding. The articulation is a bit softer in nature. I agree that I also prefer the 1.3 to the 1.0, and also the Neo3.

I'm excited to hear the ceramic/1.3 combo.