Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

104mm Standard Faceplates

Since I've had good success with Shapeways, I'm going to start designing 104mm sized replacement faceplates using their laser sintered nylon for tweeters that are smaller than that. I'm talking about you SB26 series tweeters! So besides the SB26 series of 100mm faceplates, any other models that would interest people?
= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."

Comments

• Great idea! Might I suggest also targeting tweeters that are larger?

RS28 with some mild, elliptical waveguide loading, perhaps. 

Perhaps a 104mm waveguide similar to the one Dayton is using on their 25mm ND tweeter that can be used with the Vifa OT. 

I lack time to engage in active CAD work right now, or I would draw up some specific designs for you. 
    JasonP
    I have a signature.
  • Vidya oxo?
  • The vifa BC25 series tweeter's waveguide is really effective, lemme see if I can find my graphs. This is 0-90*
    JasonP
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • ani_101 said:
    Vidya oxo?
    ?
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • JasonP said:
    ani_101 said:
    Vidya oxo?
    ?
    I think he meant to type Vifa OX20 http://bit.ly/2bo5cdT
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • Just curious, why would you want to increase C-T-C distance?

I agree with JR's thoughts, how about adding a waveguide to certain tweeters? 

As for 3D printing places, https://i.materialise.com/ has great prices.  Their only downfall is they're in Europe and it may take you a little longer to receive your item.

JasonPThumperTom
  • Yes, this has the downside of increasing ctc distance. On the other hand, I can put the tweeter in an empty baffle already cut for a 104mm model. Also, as JR mentions adjustments to profile are possible.
  • I meant Vifa OT- long live the ring radiator!
    I have a signature.
  • Vifa oxo... The phone auto corrected again!!!