Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Forum Theme for 2018

Feel free to comment on and critique the forum theme as I develop it for 2018. I'm going to work on it live, so you'll see subtle changes over time.
= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."

Comments

• edited April 2018
    Wow, that is easy on the eyes!  Thanks for all the work.  Looks good and I appreciate it. 
  • Font as rendered on my work PC is fairly small and gets a little lost on the background.

Colors are fine, contrast is fine, font is fine - other than possibly too small a font size, it is a nice skin. 

Still renders in the white background on my mobile device. 

Thanks for doing this, JP - I wills share some of my bourbon with you.
    I have a signature.
  • OK, taking a step back, I see the font sizing is a concession to the mobile platform. The vast empty spaces to either side of the content is a dead giveaway (the emphasis on vertical formatting) - is it possible to have two different renderings dependent on if a user is accessing via a real computer or his/her phone?

D1PP1N
    I have a signature.
  • Ahhh... As of now, not mobile phone friendly. Liked the old site.
    isaeagle4031
  • Is there a way to change the windows 95 blue to a soft gray, user dependent? -Asking for a friend
  • Sorry Jason, just saw the other thread
  • Liking the blue. Looking good Jason.
  • JR, it is also just possibly a hold over from Vanilla 1, which predates widescreen monitors. I can change that though, for sure.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • 6thplanet said:
    Ahhh... As of now, not mobile phone friendly. Liked the old site.
    The mobile theme it totally independent of the desktop theme. Once the desktop is ironed out, I'll work on the mobile side.
  • Is there a way to change the windows 95 blue to a soft gray, user dependent? -Asking for a friend
    Custom user color schemes are high on my todo list.
  • I'm fine with whatever scheme as long as it's not bright, especially white.

The mobile site is still white, and appears to be missing a search button.

Thanks for your efforts Jason!
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • It took me a minute to figure out the non-grayed out threads are those that don't get the yellow highlighted new posts.  Seems I need to read the thread to get the yellow highlights.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Reading the CDC thread, I felt like it was hard sometimes to tell what was quoted and what was new.  Is this an issue for anyone else?
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Thank you to those involved for keep this forum running ! Honestly , I really dont spend much time over on PETT any more . This has been my go to forum for about the past year. Much appreciated guys!
  • Same here Nick!
  • Thank you to those involved for keep this forum running ! Honestly , I really dont spend much time over on PETT any more . This has been my go to forum for about the past year. Much appreciated guys!
    +1
  • edited May 2018
    rjj45 said:
    Reading the CDC thread, I felt like it was hard sometimes to tell what was quoted and what was new.  Is this an issue for anyone else?
    Yes, but I believe it's at least partly "user error". It's far too easy to begin your comment inside the quotes.