Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

How would you....

stabilize something like this in a drill press? Found these wooden egg shaped things at hobby lobby today and bought a pair. Started looking at them and the base is damn near the perfect diameter for the ND16FA tweeter. I guess that doesnt matter much as I plan on drilling into them anyways so one could probably put something a little bigger in them. 

Comments

• edited May 2018
    B&W tweeter enclosure?
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • I'd build a box shape with an open top and one missing side.  The missing side would allow me to check if the egg was in the box straight and then I could put a clamp across the adjacent sides.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited May 2018
    Weird coincidence, because I bought a couple of those at Michael's recently. Their version might be smaller, the size of a jumbo egg and painted eggshell white. My usage is totally different but DIY audio related. Maybe I'll reveal someday.

Getting to your issue, I'd probably try clamping it in my Rockwell Jawhorse and ease my way up with progressively larger bits in a hand drill. I would probably ruin a few before I found the better method.
  • Noted , kind of what I was thinking as well. I'll post progress pics.