Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (8)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Speaker Remake RS28F with HiVi D8

Reworking a set of speakers I did a few years ago.  I am updating the Burn 'n Die speakers with the RS28F and waveguide and using the existing HiVi D8 woofer I had.  I am also using the 10" Reference PR from Dayton.

Box layout for your viewing.  I have measurements done and started working on the crossover and here is what I have come up with.

I am getting the same results from XSim so I think I am doing everything about right.
Looking at the overall response, everything looks right with the phase and response.  I think the rise in the lower range has to do with how I did the blending for the woofer.  

Do I need to worry about the impedance spikes near the crossover region and if so what would be the best way to get rid of them?

I am out of town all week for work so I will have to wait until this weekend before I can mockup a XO for listening.
Here is a link to my dropbox that has all the measurement files
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12So1V4QJWCL1FmNpc5e-vOCJ0TFc15vW

Let me know what you guys think.

Comments