Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

New budget PP caps at Madisound

Looks like Madisound has a new line of poly caps. They look remarkably similar to Dayton's budget 250v poly caps, but are a little cheaper. Same dimensions on the 6.8uf & 20uf.

Comments

• Bennic will print anything on their caps I guess. 
    I have a signature.
  • edited September 2018

Not buying the hype, JR?

"With professional experience since 1980, M.D.L. has manufactured cross-over networks, accessories & components, including Axial type Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors of extraordinary quality for all your vital applications. Reliable quality Non-Polar series of M.D.L. is produced for cross-over networks with high fidelity audio system and the small capacitance deviation is the main feature from all excellent characteristics. Various components for speaker system are available."

All Chinese to English translation ends up sounding awkward. But, "small capacitance deviation is the main feature from all excellent characteristics." In other words, 5% tolerance.
  • Maybe MDL is the parent company and Bennic is a label-engineered product? Either way - nice to see some alternatives showing up. 
    I have a signature.
  • I think the XPP model is the DPMC exactly. The FPP is supposed to be a tad better sonically, which are the Bennics that Mad has had forever. I thought Bennic was the manufacturer, looks like it's MDL.

It also looks like the Jantzen products are possibly made by MDL, as those in the picture look too familiar, and are aluminum encased:

https://www.mdl.com.tw/en/product_760036.html

• edited September 2018
    Is my math correct?

• The Rival caps are better looking and probably a higher quality, as well. I've got a few.
    I have a signature.
  • Looks like MDL is a Chinese Company.  Bennic is Taiwanese. IMO Bennic looks much larger. They have their automotive certification.  Might be Bennic is making them for MDL.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Rival = 400 VDC  ± 3%
    MDL = 250 VDC  ± 5%
    Turn2
  • I’m pretty sure I’ve seen MDL caps in various OE crossovers from different speakers over the years.