Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Upcoming project - SubOptimus

2»

Comments

• I can send you a few, Matt.
    I have a signature.
  • Thanks JR.
  • S7910 said:
    Ran into a slight problem. I made a slight tweak to the crossover and am short a resistor. Does anyone have a spare of this resistor?

I dug through my parts stash and somehow this is the only 1 ohm resistor I own.
    I don't have that resistor exactly, but PM me. I'm sure I have more than one 1 ohm sitting in my collection. Not sure how long it would take to reach you though (zip 44124).
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • S7910 said:
    Ran into a slight problem. I made a slight tweak to the crossover and am short a resistor. Does anyone have a spare of this resistor?

I dug through my parts stash and somehow this is the only 1 ohm resistor I own.
    You need a 1ohm resistor?
    My signature goes here
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    You need a 1ohm resistor?
    Strange as it may seem, yes.
  • I have some here in Iowa. PM me an address and I'll send you one.

Ron
  • Things are covered for the resistor. Thanks guys!

See you all in Ankeny!
    Bryan@MACJasonP
  • Did some digging and all the drivers are currently available, so here's the parts list and XO schematic for those interested in replicating the science experiment.

Total cost is ~$215 + shipping.

Parallel the 1.5uF and 2.2uF caps to make the 3.7uF on the tweeter.

I used a generous handful of polyfill in the mid chamber and a single square of the thicker acoustic foam PE carries behind each woofer.

Hopefully that covers everything.

jr@mac