Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

25% off Select MCM Audio Products for Forum Members Only!

edited September 2016 in Announcements
Hey guys,

We really like what this forum and its members are doing for the DIY community. To show our appreciation, we have discounted the following MCM Audio Select components by 25% just for you! The sale will start Friday at 12 A.M, and last a full week.

Enter in the Source code MAC609 at checkout to receive the discount.

Item Number - Sale Price
55-2669 - $13.99
55-2421 - $22.50
53-5150 - $11.25
53-5155 - $13.50
53-5160 - $12.75
53-5165 - $14.25

Thanks for everything you guys do!

Best Regards,

Geoff Schneider

Product Development
MCM Electronics
D1PP1Njr@macJasonPgreywardenkennykNicholas_23ThumperTomPWRRYDFaceTurn2and 1 other.

Comments

• Oh damn! I'm might need the number of a good divorce attorney....
    greywardenkennykThumperTom
  • Wow Geoff! Thank you! 

Chuck - think a divorce lawyer will let us each pay halvsies?
    isaeagle4031JasonPgreywardenkennyk
    I have a signature.
  • I love the 12am start! I can order from work. B)
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Hmmmmmm...........3-way?
  • Very kind of you Geoff and MCM ! Thank you for the offer!
  • No problem guys! I hope to see these flying off the shelf. I believe this is our lowest price ever on these models, so I hope some of you take advantage and get some awesome builds going.
  • FYI - I will be designing a small 2-way using the 55-2669 and the 53-5165 in the very near future. I am betting it proves to be a very high value design, made even more so by the discount offered here. 
    I have a signature.
  • edited September 2016
    Also, apparently, I will be doing a tiny TM with the upcoming 3" KB model and the little tweeter on-sale here. 

#dayvorce #moarspeakaz
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    FYI - I will be designing a small 2-way using the 55-2669 and the 53-5165 in the very near future. I am betting it proves to be a very high value design, made even more so by the discount offered here. 

Wow JR, that was the same driver pairing I was considering for a 7 Liter 2 way to gift to our bass player.  I was also considering the 53-5150, but the extra $3 each is probably a nice step up for the tweeters.

• I was meaning all weekend to make some sawdust, and life kept happening. I worked eight hours yesterday, for example. 

I will be using the PE 0.23 flat pack for my particular 2669 build, because it will also be useful for the Eclipse driver using the same frame. 
    I have a signature.
  • Well I pulled the trigger and ordered 3 pair of drivers today.  
    Ge_off_me
  • Same here.............so far.......
    Ge_off_me
  • Sooo... whatcha guys buy?
    I have a signature.
  • ...also, I see the lead time for the KB drivers is now at 117 days? Hmmm....
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    ...also, I see the lead time for the KB drivers is now at 117 days? Hmmm....
    That's just a system safeguard that is installed, if the items don't arrive by a certain date, the system sets the arrival date at what the lead time is. The drivers should be received in on Friday.
  • Awesome, Geoff - thank you for peace of mind!

I ordered a pair of the 3" and the small aluminum dome tweeter, and another member of another forum is sending a pair of the 6.5" my way for testing/evaluation. 

Keep up the good work, sir - hope to meet you someday!
    Ge_off_me
    I have a signature.
  • I picked up 4 pairs of drivers today on good faith that I can fall back on jr &/or other forum members to do most of the heavy design lifting, if need be. MCM picked up a first-timer. I'm most anxious to get a look at the non-sale 3" KB. Looks like it could go toward a boombox project I'd like to pull off.
    Ge_off_meJasonP
  • Turn2 said:
    I picked up 4 pairs of drivers today on good faith that I can fall back on jr &/or other forum members to do most of the heavy design lifting, if need be. MCM picked up a first-timer. I'm most anxious to get a look at the non-sale 3" KB. Looks like it could go toward a boombox project I'd like to pull off.
    Good to hear! I'm glad to help out in any way that I can. I can tell you that I am also very excited to get these in. I've had the samples sitting on my test bench for about 5 months now, and I am very excited to buy a pair of the 8"s myself.

When you complete a project, post it up with as much detail as you can, and I will talk to the marketing team about featuring some builds here soon!
    jr@macTurn2
  • jr@mac said:
    Awesome, Geoff - thank you for peace of mind!

I ordered a pair of the 3" and the small aluminum dome tweeter, and another member of another forum is sending a pair of the 6.5" my way for testing/evaluation. 

Keep up the good work, sir - hope to meet you someday!
    I do what I can to help ;)

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I will be at the next inDIYana more than likely. If there are any other events that I am able to attend next year, I will absolutely let everyone know.
    jr@mac
  • I ordered 2 pair of the 55-2669 and 1 pair of the 53-5165.
    Ge_off_meJasonPjr@mackennyk
  • PWRRYD said:
    I ordered 2 pair of the 55-2669 and 1 pair of the 53-5165.
    Post up some designs and finished products as you go along!
  • I am planning on my first "on-wall" design using the two little drivers. 
    Ge_off_megreywarden
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    I am planning on my first "on-wall" design using the two little drivers. 
    Nice! don't forget to send me a pair! The more discrete, the more likely the wife will like them ;)
  • PWRRYD said:
    I ordered 2 pair of the 55-2669 and 1 pair of the 53-5165.
    You read my mind..................or I yours.  :3
  • My DSA175 project is coming together faster and better than I expected, so I hope to be taking measurements of 2669 and 5165 based TM this weekend.
    Turn2JasonPNicholas_23greywarden
    I have a signature.
  • Last day for the sale!
  • Boo.... I just saw the date (fooled myself when I say will start Friday and last a whole week). I was going to order 4 - 55-2421, 2- 53-5160, and 2- 53-5165. Catch them next time! Very cool MCM/Geoff did this. 
  • I see the 55-2669 is now on sale another dollar cheaper!  Great value driver.  I might pick up another pair for an MTM.  G_off_me is that you on the back of the sales flyer?