Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (8)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

YAGA Reaction System

edited June 2016 in DIY
So the YAGA (Yet Another Gamification Application) application installed into this forum supports a host of features, but I find the reaction system most interesting. When you hover your mouse over another person's post, you get the option to mark that post: Promote, Insightful, Awesome, LOL, WTF, or Spam. We have the power to add more and/or edit those entries but they seem like a solid start. If you click the left sidebar link for Best Of, you get the top reacted posts.

How does anyone else feel about this? I think its really interesting, and it doesn't break the main normal interface of the forum in anyway.
= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."

Comments

• That sounds like a lot of fun, I definitely dig it
  • edited June 2016
    We can experiment with it while the forum is "private". I'm in. :p
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • I edited my last post and received a message that I have only 1 hr to do it. May need a little more time added to that.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • kennyk wrote: »
    I edited my last post and received a message that I have only 1 hr to do it. May need a little more time added to that.

I agree with Kenny. Is there a way to make this so you can do it all the time, regardless of how old a post is?
  • Edit time is entirely configurable. It can be adjusted, no problem.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Can we do as does the Facebook and retain a visible copy (by clicking somewhere) of what the original was? I want to encourage people to think twice before posting if they have their panties in a twist - and knowing their tantrum is permanent may offer that incentive.
    I have a signature.
  • I look into that JR, I like the idea.