Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

YAGA Reaction System

edited June 2016 in DIY
So the YAGA (Yet Another Gamification Application) application installed into this forum supports a host of features, but I find the reaction system most interesting. When you hover your mouse over another person's post, you get the option to mark that post: Promote, Insightful, Awesome, LOL, WTF, or Spam. We have the power to add more and/or edit those entries but they seem like a solid start. If you click the left sidebar link for Best Of, you get the top reacted posts.

How does anyone else feel about this? I think its really interesting, and it doesn't break the main normal interface of the forum in anyway.
= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."

Comments

• That sounds like a lot of fun, I definitely dig it
  • edited June 2016
    We can experiment with it while the forum is "private". I'm in. :p
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • I edited my last post and received a message that I have only 1 hr to do it. May need a little more time added to that.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • kennyk wrote: »
    I edited my last post and received a message that I have only 1 hr to do it. May need a little more time added to that.

I agree with Kenny. Is there a way to make this so you can do it all the time, regardless of how old a post is?
  • Edit time is entirely configurable. It can be adjusted, no problem.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Can we do as does the Facebook and retain a visible copy (by clicking somewhere) of what the original was? I want to encourage people to think twice before posting if they have their panties in a twist - and knowing their tantrum is permanent may offer that incentive.
    I have a signature.
  • I look into that JR, I like the idea.