Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Another strangling from Rival

edited March 2019 in DIY
I received some initial info about two 5.5'' drivers from Rival that look intriguing. It was suggested to me that the specs are close but may not be exact.
This cone is coated Kevlar/Pulp. 39mm VC - 120mm magnet  :)

Revc=  3.7  Ohm

Fr=  42.000  Hz

Sd=  108.000  cm²

Vas=   14 L

Cms=    1.16 m M/N

Mms=   12.20  g

BL=    6.46  T·M

Qms=    6.716

Qes=    0.287

Qts=    0.275

Le=  0.085mH

SPL=  90 dB (2.83V/1m)

Linear excursion=  ± 4.5 mm

Continuous Power = 60w (IEC 268-5)

Revc=  3.7  Ohm

Fr=  43.000  Hz

Sd=  108.000  cm²

Vas=   14 L

Cms=    1.18 m M/N

Mms=   11.33  g

BL=    6.20  T·M

Qms=    6.571

Qes=    0.30

Qts=    0.295

Le=  0.087mH

SPL=  90 dB (2.83V/1m)

Linear excursion=  ± 4.5 mm

Continuous Power = 60w (IEC 268-5)

Comments

• Strangling? Not sure what is meant by that. I like the coated carbon fiber!
  • Strangling meaning they don't usually release these for public consumption. :) I was surprised to get this yesterday. I'm waiting for the fr etc.
  • Wolf said:
    Strangling? Not sure what is meant by that. I like the coated carbon fiber!
    +1  that coated carbon fiber looks greats.
  • edited March 2019
    I'm listening to the coated carbon now, open air. It sounds very smooth with Eva Cassidy playing. I'll find out how many he has and willing to let go. :)
    rjj45
  • edited March 2019
    Here is the 7'' but no specs yet. There's also an 8-3/4'' one.

• Gowa said:
    Strangling meaning they don't usually release these for public consumption. :) I was surprised to get this yesterday. I'm waiting for the fr etc.
    That makes more sense.. 'strangEling' not 'strangling'  
    rjj45Gowa
  • The 8.75" one sounds interesting too!

• Nice high QMS on the 5.5 inchers. Promises great detail.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Gowa! Get out of my head!.............oh well, just let me know when they're available. 😉
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • kennyk said:
    Gowa! Get out of my head!.............oh well, just let me know when they're available. 😉
    YGM
  • I'm interested in the CF as well.
    I have a signature.
  • edited March 2019
    R152-CFC-04 - 5.5'' coated carbon weave

If anyone is interested in these drivers contact me at rhythmaudio@rogers.com
    Warning: these are not cheap. :)
    These will be gone in no time.
    kennyk
  • Resistance is futile..... really.
  • Wow, that's a smooth FR, no break up?!
  • Welp, guess I needed a couple more Rival drivers. Pair of the 5.5" CF on the way. Sexy bitches from the pictures.

Wish I could have swung a quad of the 7" CF as well, but I have a lot of 7" drivers around as-is so... 

I can finally start building pretty soon, have to clean up my yard - what a fucking mess this winter left behind. 
    I have a signature.
  • First look-8 3/4'' R223-cfc-08

kennykkonfyousedD1PP1N
  • The 5.5'' R152-CFC-04 sold quickly as expected. Just one pair left. :)

• I'm going to tell you right now I want a pair of the 8".
    I have a signature.
  • Reading my mind....... curse you!
  • R176-CPC-08 coated Pulp/Kevlar cone 7'' (Kevlar infused pulp)

kennyk
  • Same, I want a set of 8's
  • The 7'' R176-CFC-08 carbon drivers sold out very fast. :) I'll have to check on the 8-3/4'' to see what's available. I'll be at the Rival facility on Tuesday. B)
  • Is the 8-3/4" actually larger than what other manufacturers call their 8" ? Or are they measuring differently? I know some of the dayton RS for example drivers claim a large diameter compared to their actual SD
  • Is the 8-3/4" actually larger than what other manufacturers call their 8" ? Or are they measuring differently? I know some of the dayton RS for example drivers claim a large diameter compared to their actual SD
    Many are measured to the outside frame edge, not the true cone diameter.
  • Rival measures theirs by the frame diameter.
  • Here we have the 5.5''  Kevlar/Pulp coated driver. It doesn't look as good as the carbon one.
    1/24th. Opinions?

• Those still look pretty excellent. I didn't know Rival was making such superb midrange units; these look fantastic.
  • Rival also has a series of traditional type paper drivers. They use either carbon fiber or Kevlar fiber in their pulp formulas. 
    Paper 5.5''

• ....so where's the 8's....🤔
  • We are working on the 8's but they are not a priority for me. More people want small mid-woofers, so those will be first place. Starting in May we should see a variety of 5.5'' drivers and then the 8's and also working on the 10''.
    konfyoused