Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (4)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

dual opposed woofers?

dual 7" woofers, crossed over under 300Hz, can be crossed lower. Due to the size of the box, (tall bookshelf), can only place the TMW on the baffle and planning to set the second woofer on the back baffle, opposed to the front woofer. Would this cause any issue or anything in particular I need to watch out for?

The mid is capable of playing lower and the woofers are capable of playing much higher (works in TM too), so would like to take advantage of a wide passband and simple crossover between mid/tweet... 

Comments

• edited July 2019
    along the lines of dual woofers, I was just reviewing M&K X series (X8 dual 8's)

their white paper may be on interest
    https://mksound.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/XSERIESWHITEPAPER.pdf
  • At low frequencies like that the waves will be long, so both front and rear driver should sum well. I don't imagine you'll have any issues.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."