Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Some for sale, some for free

edited January 2020 in Classifieds
Hi All,
Trying to clear some stuff out - everything should be considered used, but in good condition.  All prices include shipping to the contiguous US.  I will ship the free stuff too, but I won't estimate shipping.  Just let me know if you want it and I'll ship it and I'll let you know what you owe for shipping.   I will combine pay stuff and free stuff but again, no estimates on the added shipping costs - it just takes too long.  I'll give you guys first dibs here, then post up on other forums in a few days.

Litz wire inductor collection - $50 SOLD
1 pr each of 14ga 0.36mH, 0.39mH, 0.43mH and 2 pr of much smaller gauge coils of unknown value.

Solen 14ga 10mH - $80/pr
Perfect for a high end passive 3 or 4-way.

Alpha Core 14ga 2.2mH foil inductors - $50/pr

Salvaged crossover parts - $60 SOLD
18ga air core inductors, midgrade poly caps, lynk resistors.  Some still attached to boards.  Some with trimmed leads, but all functional.

Erse Pulse-X caps - $45
2x 47uf 630V, 2x 27uf 630V, 2x 56uf 250V
AA battery for scale - these things are big!
SPA500 new in box - $225

Usher 8836AC - $100/pr or $175/quad
Awesome mid, awesome bass.
Seas L17 RCY/P - $60/pr
Older, but great design.  Aluminum cone, phase plug, rubber surround.
Seas L16RN-SL - $120/pr
I really don't want to let these go - just have too many projects on the horizon.  They are absolute beasts, especially for their frame size.  Surprisingly low distortion deep into the bass region.  

Dayton LS10-44 like new - $75

Goldwood 8"ers - 3 pairs as shown - FREE
All in good shape.  

Single HiVi F5 and Dayton DA135-8 - FREE

Glass/polymer waveguides - GONE
Large one - 216mm mouth, 51mm depth, 41mm throat fits many 28mm domes.  This is the profile used in my Boxers and Vapor Audio's original Aurora.  Small one I didn't measure.  Sandable/paintable.

Also available, but no pics:

12 x 8" cheap woofers - FREE
Paper cone, foam surround, high Qts - good for OB experiments - 6 used, 6 new

80+ issues of Voice Coil magazine - FREE
From 2007 - 2015 I think.  Some cool stuff in here.

Comments

• Wish I knew about those waveguides a few days ago. :( 
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Salvaged crossover parts please. 
    DanP
  • edited January 2020
    I'll do the litz coils and any air coils under 1.0 mH if you want to split.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Ken, thanks for saving me from those ....

Dan, would pickup at InDIYana be OK for the tower of Goldwood?
    kenrhodes
  • I'll do the litz coils and any air coils under 1.0 mH if you want to split.
    Anything for you John.  Let me split them up and I'm PM you a new count and price.  
  • S7910 said:
    Ken, thanks for saving me from those ....

I'm trying to clear up space for the immediate future, so I'd prefer to get them gone sooner than that.  If no one else offers to pay for shipping though, I'll bring them to Indy for you.
  • DanP said:
    S7910 said:
    Ken, thanks for saving me from those ....

I'm trying to clear up space for the immediate future, so I'd prefer to get them gone sooner than that.  If no one else offers to pay for shipping though, I'll bring them to Indy for you.

Fair enough.
  • I'll take the waveguides, if they are still available... 
  • ani_101 said:
    I'll take the waveguides, if they are still available... 
    You got it Ani.  PM me your shipping address and I'll get them out tomorrow.

• How physically large are the 10mH coils?

• I would like the F5 if still available.  Howard
  • Wolf said:
    How physically large are the 10mH coils?

4.75" OD x 1.3125" H - 2.5" ID
    And they weigh a shit ton each.
  • howard said:
    I would like the F5 if still available.  Howard
    It's yours.  PM me your shipping address and I'll get it out today or tomorrow.
  • Wow. I’m way late. 
  • hifiside said:
    Wow. I’m way late. 
    Well, I have a couple more...  See comments above regarding pricing and shipping.

16 random coils from 1.2mH - 4.0mH - $60
    Mostly 18/19ga with 1 big 15ga 4.0mH and 4 x 22ga 1.5mH litz wire.

Mark Audio CHBW-70 - $45/pr
    Don't know much about these.  Used, but in good shape.

These are the free 8" drivers listed above.  They're really not bad drivers and there are 12 of them, which can open up some interesting possibilities.  I prototyped the idea of the Hurricanes with these.  If no one takes them soon, they're going to the landfill.  Just been storing them for too long.

100ish 1/2" mylar tweeters that I fancied using for a line array one day (not happening) - FREE

• I let Dan know that I can't use all 85 small coils
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Hey Dan, are those pairs of quality 6-6.5" woofers still available?  Also, what's your opinion on using them in an automotive application, augmented by a subwoofer and doors sealed?  Thanks!
  • joeybutts said:
    Hey Dan, are those pairs of quality 6-6.5" woofers still available?  Also, what's your opinion on using them in an automotive application, augmented by a subwoofer and doors sealed?  Thanks!
    Which ones?  The L16s, L17s or the Ushers?  All would work well, though the higher qts of the L16 would probably be best.  Factory specs put Qts at .48 if memeory serves, but I measured at .63 - perfect for door mounting.
  • Well, you confirmed my thoughts, I was leaning toward the L16!  I was gonna ride with any of them, but if those seem best and offer the highest quality I'll use them.

I'm definitely gonna take those off your hands. I can send you funds to hold, as I'm still planning out the substage for this job and am considering the LS10.

Let me know what works best for you, just figured shipping all at once is best.

Thanks!
  • joeybutts said:
    Well, you confirmed my thoughts, I was leaning toward the L16!  I was gonna ride with any of them, but if those seem best and offer the highest quality I'll use them.

I'm definitely gonna take those off your hands. I can send you funds to hold, as I'm still planning out the substage for this job and am considering the LS10.

Let me know what works best for you, just figured shipping all at once is best.

Thanks!
    I'll hold them for you Joey.  Let me know on the LS10 when you're ready and I can ship all at once if you go that route.
  • Thanks Dan.  Really appreciate it.  I'll be in touch soon with moving forward....
  • Hey Dan, we are good to go on the Seas, gonna pass on the LS10 for now.  Let me know whatcha need.  Thanks!  
  • joeybutts said:
    Hey Dan, we are good to go on the Seas, gonna pass on the LS10 for now.  Let me know whatcha need.  Thanks!  
    Just PM'ed you.
  • Money sent!  Thanks!
  • Received in maybe the best packing job have ever seen.  Thanks Dan! 
    DanP
  • Glad they got there in one piece!  There's something oddly satisfying about boxing up drivers for safe travel...
    joeybutts
  • What inductors remain? 
  • Kornbread said:
    What inductors remain? 
    Just the giant 10mH ones. 
  • Hey Dan, you still have the Ushers or seas on hand?  Let me know and thanks!
  • joeybutts said:
    Hey Dan, you still have the Ushers or seas on hand?  Let me know and thanks!
    The Seas are gone but the Ushers are still available.