Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

InDIYana 2020 and one more thing...

Comments

• Thanks Ben!
  • I will attend with 1-theme and 1 non-theme.  The C-Cake build with new x-o and the mini Lx521. No 8-inch or 12-inch or purple woofers...
    6thplanet
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited January 2020
    I'll be there as well with one theme entry and one non-theme entry.  Some 8-inch woofers but no 12-inch purple woofers either.
  • Of course, I will be there. Only 1 non theme entry for now. 
  • I'll be there with one non-theme build.  Either the Zonkers (8 inch two way) or Dr. Diffraction, depending on which one I can get playable in time. 
  • I'll be there with theme build only.
  • I'll be there in spirit and in heart, with multiple purple woofers.
    4thtryhifiside
  • I'll be there with one theme entry and I would like to bring a non theme build also.
  • I am planning to be there hopefully with one theme and one noon theme entry....
  • I'll be there! Not sure exactly what I'm bringing speaker-wise yet.
  • Wolf said:
    konfyoused is Brad, right?
    Yep

• Ben, would you put me down as tentative with the SubOptimus. I have to see if I can switch weekends at work so I can attend.
  • You can put me down, unless something changes, for a theme entry and I’m sure I’ll drag something else along.
  • I'm planning to be there with a non-theme build
  • edited January 2020
    edit: nevermind I found my answer on the Indiyana website.

If I can only come on Saturday, is that ok?
  • The theme is conducted on Saturday; no problem.
  • Thanks. Sorry for all the newbie questions - would I be able to play a non-theme project Saturday as well?
  • edited January 2020
    Well Ben, the excitement was fun while it lasted. I was made aware of another thing that Saturday that my wife and I must attend, so I need to back out. My apologies and I am disappointed I can’t make it. I was excited to see my name on the attendee list on the website!
  • I'll leave it there- just in case!
  • edited January 2020
    If there was any glimmer of hope of making it I’d be there, but this is set in stone, so you can take me off. Huge bummer. I still hope to see you and some of the other guys at MWAF. I was looking forward to meeting some of the people that don’t go to MWAF. I’d like to go to Iowa or DDIY too, but that would be pressing my luck.. 

I really enjoyed going to my first DIY event last year. Its all about the people. It was so cool meeting people from the forums! I think that is something that makes this hobby special. I’ve been on car forums before and there wasn’t anywhere near the same comradery that there is with the people that have been in this hobby. Even though many of you see each other several times a year and have been doing this for a long time, I did not feel like a stranger when meeting you all. It wasn’t but a couple minutes I was in the lot before Ben enthusiastically said hello and at the end I was asked, I believe by John, to join some guys for a beer (unfortunately we had to hit the road). That was awesome.
    4thtry
  • I agree.  These events, for me, are almost like family reunions.  You will be missed.
  • I've met a very large number of people through this hobby. It's always like you've known them for awhile because you have. It's also a hobby that passion is high for those in it, and that those who aren't don't understand. It's all about the music, and the emotional attachment it provides. It's also about the development cycle of a design, the engineering, and the intricacies that usually involves. I find it to be a very unique set of skills and people to design speakers.
    4thtryDanP
  • I'll be there, some kind of non theme entry.
  • Wolf said:
    I've met a very large number of people through this hobby. It's always like you've known them for awhile because you have. It's also a hobby that passion is high for those in it, and that those who aren't don't understand. It's all about the music, and the emotional attachment it provides. It's also about the development cycle of a design, the engineering, and the intricacies that usually involves. I find it to be a very unique set of skills and people to design speakers.
    Very well said Ben.
  • I'm planning to attend.  I'll have a couple non-theme entries.
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Looking like your gonna need a bigger room!