Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

InDIYana 2020 and one more thing...

Comments

• It always looks a bit like that....

• Hi Ben, I hope I didn't miss it.  Has their been a group rate for hotel rooms posted yet?
  • PWRRYD said:
    Hi Ben, I hope I didn't miss it.  Has their been a group rate for hotel rooms posted yet?
    I called and made my reservation Friday and the group rate is now set. They finished it up while I was on the phone with them. 
  • Oh good.  Thanks Chuck.  I should have my OB baffles finished today (gonna be in the 60's here today).
  • Chuck- I don't know what you mean, as the group rate has been locked in for over a month. It expires 3/24.
    The link on the website takes you there:
    https://sites.google.com/site/indiyanaevent/home/directions
  • Room booked!  Can't wait to see all you guys and listen to some awesome speaker designs.
  • Wolf said:
    Chuck- I don't know what you mean, as the group rate has been locked in for over a month. It expires 3/24.
    The link on the website takes you there:
    https://sites.google.com/site/indiyanaevent/home/directions
    When I called, they had to put me on hold in order to "finalize the pricing and setup the booking". Their words, not mine.
  • I will call them tomorrow then, just to see what's going on.
  • UPDATE:
    Due to the concerns of pretty much everyone USA-wide about COVID19, I'm adding some additional information to this thread. At the moment, I have clarified with the Hampton that they will be open as long as they can be, and are still running as usual until further notice.

As of today 3/20/2020, we are still on for InDIYana 2020 on April 24/25. At the same time, eateries may become a problem as dining-in is pretty much prohibited and several businesses have stopped allowing entrance and gone exclusively to drive-up/pick-up types of orders. The Domino's and having pizza is still a likely solution at this time, or you can bring your own or go get your own food. Barring any further push of out-of-schooling, businesses closing down, or government mandating, this is how it will likely be. The limbo of the varying moment kind of has us by the throat and we have to evaluate as it comes. Please be patient as we see how this all shakes out.

In short synopsis, if InDIYana will be postponed or cancelled, the decision will be made by 2 weeks from today if not before. And- even if one of these results occurs, 2021 will still happen. 2021's itinerary/scheduling will respond/result from the fallout of the InDIYana 2020 situation.
  • I have a question regarding the rule:  <No buyouts, wide/full-ranges as tweeters, and no NLA>.

I am working on a three way with dipole bass and dipole midrange and unipole tweeter that I really like the sound of.  My concern is that the full range mid driver plays up to 15k.  The tweeter is more of a super tweeter and starts contributing around 9k and technically crosses over at 14k.  Is this considered a "full-ranges as tweeters" design?
    tajanes
  • I would think this design would be perfect.  Anxious to hear what you come up with.
  • Postponed indefinitely, awaiting possible reschedule.
  • Sorry to hear this.  Now I need to work on my wife's projects.  :/
    6thplanetdynamo
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Not the situation we would prefer, but it is the right decision.  Stay safe everyone.  

John, is your wife having you build some more purple speakers?

6thplanet
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Scott, she still talks about the time you almost took them.  But no, she's stocking up on building supplies thinking I'm going to have time to work on projects.
    jr@mac
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • If anyone is looking for something to do, I have about 11,000 boxes need unpacked.
    I have a signature.
  • We have rescheduled for Sept 25/26. Thanks go to Mark/Dan/Kerry for allowing this to be possible.
  • I hope all is well in the world by then.
  • Yeah, we'll have to wait and see....
  • Depending on how things affect my income this coming months, I will likely fly out for this. I originally intended on going to Axpona this year, and Indy next year. 

I may send a few things for the door-prize table, just for fun. I think it will be fun for the members here to have their own drawing ;)
    I have a signature.
  • By then I might have 4 or 5 new projects to bring and demo...  I know, I know, limit 2 per person  B)
  • I'll have to switch weekends at work, but I'm looking forward to it.

Craig, that may be a common dilemma :) .
  • I booked a flight, great rates right now. I'll be flying direct into Ft Wayne Thursday evening, and flying out Sunday morning. I'll be at hotel around 7:30 Thursday night.

As soon as we get confirmation from hotel, I'll book my room.
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    I booked a flight, great rates right now. I'll be flying direct into Ft Wayne Thursday evening, and flying out Sunday morning. I'll be at hotel around 7:30 Thursday night.

There are Direct Flights from Sioux Falls to Ft. Wayne?  Huh.
  • MartyH said:
    jr@mac said:
    I booked a flight, great rates right now. I'll be flying direct into Ft Wayne Thursday evening, and flying out Sunday morning. I'll be at hotel around 7:30 Thursday night.

There are Direct Flights from Sioux Falls to Ft. Wayne?  Huh.
    We have running water, too 🙄
    Silver1omoMartyH
    I have a signature.
  • Got notice from the hotel for the overnight booking link.
    Currently there is nothing but Friday night, and there is supposed to be Thursday and Saturday as well for block rate.

Returned a response, awaiting reply.
  • Okay- Link is up in the details page for booking an overnight stay. I have informed them of 4 for Thursday night and Saturday night in addition. If anyone needs one of these nights, please let me know if you cannot get one reserved.
  • New demo track?