Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Shop Subwoofer build

This will be the start to my wall of subs for my shop. I built 6-12’s in this video but I have enough parts for 24. As the summer starts to approach I will be seeing more motors and basket to rebuild. There average subwoofers nothing crazy but 24 of them should do the trick. Coming from a Car Audio back ground I still love to see soda cans bouncing at 50 feet away.

Tagged:
jr@macrjj45dynamo

Comments

• hifiside said:
     This will be the start to my wall of subs for my shop. I built 6-12’s in this video but I have enough parts for 24. As the summer starts to approach I will be seeing more motors and basket to rebuild. There average subwoofers nothing crazy but 24 of them should do the trick. Coming from a Car Audio back ground I still love to see soda cans bouncing at 50 feet away.

I would like to see a wall of 24 subs in the shop!
    hifiside
  • When I get my legs back, I'm going to drive down and experience that. 
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    When I get my legs back, I'm going to drive down and experience that. 
    Anytime Jr. Hopefully collecting 18 more won’t take to long.
  • So, i guess making your own drivers is a thing? sorry, i'm new to the forum if you covered that already.
  • You do really clean work! Unfortunately my driver builds as sloppy as my box builds..

Do you have a build log for that buyout build you are doing with the stepped baffle? I saw it on the book of faces but only browse there. Sorry to derail but that is a cool looking build.
  • edited March 2020
    hifiside said:

Seems a customer at that shop needs to back off the throttle on those poor little RF subs! Win for you though!
  • dynamo said:
    hifiside said:

Seems a customer at that shop needs to back off the throttle on those poor little RF subs! Win for you though!
    Most car audio people need lessons in knob twisting lol. My gain tho so I’m not giving lessons.
      I’m going to start a new thread here today about my Buyout Budget Build.
  • hifiside said:
    dynamo said:
    hifiside said:

Most car audio people need lessons in knob twisting lol. My gain tho so I’m not giving lessons.
      I’m going to start a new thread here today about my Buyout Budget Build.
    What's that famous car audio quote - "the gain control is not a volume knob!"  =)
    hifiside