Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IowaDIY guys will recognize...

The street I live on is a side street of this one:

I have a signature.
ani_101hifisidejhollandersquamishdrocS7910

Comments

• Lots of fond memories (and hangovers!) at Grinnell.
  • I kind of miss the theater setup...but not the load-in. The carts at the hotel in Ankeny sure make things easier on my back.
  • Oddly enough, I don't think the town and the street refer to the same Grinnell.

Grinnell was founded as a "Yankee" town, by settlers from New England descended from the English Puritans in the 1600s.[5][6] Grinnell was founded in 1854 by four men: Josiah B. Grinnell, a Congregationalist from Vermont; Homer Hamlin, a minister; Henry Hamilton, a surveyor; and Dr. Thomas Holyoke.[7] The city was to be named "Stella," but J.B. Grinnell convinced the others to adopt his name...

It the Dakotas anything named "GRINNELL" likely refers to George Grinnell.

George Bird Grinnell (September 20, 1849 – April 11, 1938) was an American anthropologist, historian, naturalist, and writer. Grinnell was born in Brooklyn, New York, and graduated from Yale University with a B.A. in 1870 and a Ph.D. in 1880. Originally specializing in zoology, he became a prominent early conservationist and student of Native American life. Grinnell has been recognized for his influence on public opinion and work on legislation to preserve the American bison. Mount Grinnell is named after Grinnell.
    And there's your useless Midwest trivia for the day.
    jholtzSilver1omo