Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Crap ton of stuff....

edited April 2020 in Classifieds
Amplifier:
SA100

Drivers
:
Pair HiVi B4N  NEW other than testing
Pair Hygeia (Airborne) RT-4001 Appear NEW
Pair RS150S-8
Pair ND65-4 NEW
Pair IB385-8  NEW other than testing

Single NE85W-04
Single 4FE35-4  NEW
Single 830946
Single Elemental Designs 16Ov.1 (16Ov.2 but before revision) D4   NEW
Single Elemental Designs 16Ov.2 with aesthetically ugly cone D4  

Quad HiVi A3N  Appear NEW
Quad Fountek FR58EX (two new, two used)

SPEAKERS:
Dayton AMT mini-8/PS95 TABAQ with Sehlin crossover  TESTED
Khanspires TESTED
Dayton RS Center with CJD crossover  TESTED
MarkK RS225/28A  TESTED
HeliumBT radio  TESTED
BookersBT radio  TESTED (based on Tom Z Traveler)
Basil Hayden's BT radio  TESTED (SB Acoustics SB65WBAC25-4 drivers)

I've got all information and pics coming for everything.  I'm also going to test all equipment to make sure fine. I live in Hampton, VA 23666 for those wanting to scope out shipping.  

Comments

• Still have some ED stuff around eh?
  • Still have some ED stuff around eh?
    Always.  You just reminded me I have a pair of 7kv.2's as well......:)  Not to mention my HT substage is all eD...
  • First dibs on the RS150S-8
  • joeybutts said:
    Still have some ED stuff around eh?
    Always.  You just reminded me I have a pair of 7kv.2's as well......:)  Not to mention my HT substage is all eD...
    Willing to sell those 7kv2s?
  • edited April 2020
    Forgot you can't edit on here.....

Amplifier:
    SA100

Drivers
    :
    Pair HiVi B4N  NEW other than testing PENDING
    Pair Hygeia (Airborne) RT-4001 Appear NEW PENDING
    SOLD Pair RS150S-8 SOLD
    SOLD Pair ND65-4 NEWSOLD
    Pair IB385-8  NEW other than testing

Single NE85W-04 PENDING
    Single 4FE35-4  NEW
    Single 830946
    Single Elemental Designs 16Ov.1 (16Ov.2 but before revision) D4   NEW
    Single Elemental Designs 16Ov.2 with aesthetically ugly cone D4  

SOLD Quad HiVi A3N  Appear NEW SOLD
    Quad Fountek FR58EX (two new, two used) PENDING

I'd like to sell the non-BT radio's complete at first, and if I get enough interest on most or all the drivers I may go that route.
    SPEAKERS:
    Dayton AMT mini-8/PS95 TABAQ with Sehlin crossover  TESTED
    Khanspires TESTED
    Dayton RS Center with CJD crossover  TESTED
    MarkK RS225/28A  TESTED
    HeliumBT radio  TESTED
    BookersBT radio  TESTED (based on Tom Z Traveler)
    Basil Hayden's BT radio  TESTED (SB Acoustics SB65WBAC25-4 drivers)
  • joeybutts said:
    Still have some ED stuff around eh?
    Willing to sell those 7kv2s?
    Sure brother, make me an offer.  Love those drivers.
  • bt radios.....

Silver1omo
  • Like how you have the patterns. How do you achieve those?
  • Kornbread said:
    Prices?
    Trying to get to it but at work right now.  Shoot me any reasonable offer.....
  • edited April 2020
    ani_101 said:
    Like how you have the patterns. How do you achieve those?
    Ani, are you talking about the back of the HeliumBT?  I followed a video I found on facebook how to make "balloons" with straight cuts.  I made a couch arm tray using the video, I can post it in a sec, vid and tray. pretty cool.

Found it-

ani_101Gowa
  • yes this one which is checkered, as well as the red ones and the maple one with the band going through - what's the secret behind that one?
  • I am still scared of gluing hardwood together (even of the same species or pieces from the same board) together for fear of it splitting due to changes in humidity....!
  • ani_101 said:
    yes this one which is checkered, as well as the red ones and the maple one with the band going through - what's the secret behind that one?

So the baffle of the heliumBT and the baffles of the basil hayden's are full wood inlay, two different techniques.

The heliumBT had templates made, rough cut close to the template and approx1/4" total taken out between the two sides.  I did this twice obviously for each stripe.  Then the inlay is made from as thin as you can maintain structure cuts.  Be sure to cut them plenty long cause the bend will eat up your length.  Then move quick with glue and clamps and compress it all together, with a couple damp rags wipe away the excess to make sure you don't have any severe gaps.  Two things with this.....
    1.  You should use a bushing set with your router to ensure accuracy with your bends.
    2.  I should have done each stripe at it's own time to make glue up less complicated cause it kept wanting to shift.

The Basil Hayden's was kind of the same but was simply circle jig routing, so a ring fit in to the maple, then the inner circle of maple pressed into the Padauk (pretty sure it's Paduak) then fit it all together.

I have never had an issue with hardwood as long as I sealed ALL of it.  That means inside and outside of the enclosure.  I made that HeliumBT a few years ago and no issues.  Same with my cornhole boards which are white oak and Brazilian cherry.  I live in SE Virginia which has very quick aggressive humidity and temperature swings.

I'm no pro but just read a bunch on exactly what you've asked and so far so good......

ani_101
  • edited April 2020
    Tray, not perfect, needed my planer then.....
  • Just noticed those images really suck :D :D
  • The pattern looks good!
    joeybutts
  • edited April 2020
    I like hour work.  Sweet.  In other words, you are good with your wood.   :o
    joeybutts
  • edited April 2020
    RT-4001s are sold.
    FR58EXs sold.
    NE85W-04 sold.
  • edited April 2020
    Mmmm....Booker's :)
    joeybutts
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • edited April 2020
    Remaining:

Amplifier:
    SA100 $50

Drivers
    :
    Pair HiVi B4N  NEW other than testing $20
    Pair IB385-8  NEW other than testing  $120

Single 4FE35-4  NEW $10
    Single 830946  $25
    Single Elemental Designs 16Ov.1 (16Ov.2 but before revision) D4   NEW  $125
    Single Elemental Designs 16Ov.2 with aesthetically ugly cone D4  $70 

SPEAKERS:
    Dayton AMT mini-8/PS95 TABAQ with Sehlin crossover  zebrawood baffle finished, rest of cabinet raw ply TESTED $175 shipped

Khanspires TESTED  $1000 plus shipping
    Dayton RS Center with CJD crossover  TESTED  $500 plus shipping
    MarkK RS225/28A  TESTED  $500 plus shipping
    HeliumBT radio  TESTED  $450 plus shipping
    BookersBT radio  TESTED (based on Tom Z Traveler)  $325 plus shipping
    Basil Hayden's BT radio  TESTED (SB Acoustics SB65WBAC25-4 drivers)  $450 plus shipping

OBO for everything.  Please ask any questions.  Pics coming.....
  • Mini-8/ps95
  • Markk rs22528a
  • dayton cjd center
  • khanspires
  • ani_101 said:
    I am still scared of gluing hardwood together (even of the same species or pieces from the same board) together for fear of it splitting due to changes in humidity....!
    I've never built a whole box out of solid wood, but edged glued a number of hardwood boards for baffles which I then glued onto a baltic birch box. No problems noted yet, but problems may take a few years.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • All paid for drivers have been tested and appear to be without fault!  Should be packed up and shipped out Monday! 
  • What is that blue thing? Limp jig?
  • Also for sale if interested....
  • Wolf said:
    What is that blue thing? Limp jig?
    Hahahah radio I built into my kid's bike frame!  But she got a new bike, so time for a new one