Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (6)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Scanspeak 22w/8534g00

Does anyone have firsthand experience with these woofers? I can't find them tested anywhere extensively for FR and distortion, and wonder how they compare to other drivers I have easy access to like Dayton rs225s-8, Peerless 830869 nomex (non-hds), and SB20pfc30-4. Any experiences would be much appreciated! 

Comments

• I'm think for the most part many of the Scan Speak Discovery woofers are the same motor design as the old Vifa PL and M series drivers, but with different soft parts.

The peerless 830869 is the HDS woofer, for an 8" I would probably take it over a Discovery. The Discovery line does have 10" drivers though which are pretty compelling for a 3-way
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Thanks for that... only the 8" is compellingly priced, so if it's not better than what I've got on hand, I'll give it a miss! I have at least one pair of the mentioned drivers already.