Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (4)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Speakerbench....

One of our own, and a person Jeff B said he respected and looked up to, Jeff Candy, and another known outside our community have designed a new web-based tool, and it looks good to me:
https://audioxpress.com/news/new-speakerbench-online-tools-for-assisting-in-speaker-design-calculations

Utilizing a double-delta-mass and semi-inductance, it seems a new valid tool in our arsenal.
ani_101

Comments

• Thanks Ben... 
  • edited June 2020
    FWIW this dual mass method has been included in REW since the 5.20 beta March 8 release:

Changes in V5.20 beta 24:

Thiele-Small Parameters

• The dual added mass method for Thiele-Small parameter estimation, developed by Claus Futtrup and Jeff Candy, has been implemented. This method provides a very accurate Bl estimate that is independent the driver impedance model and provides a "ZM*" model of the driver motional impedance around resonance, allowing accurate extraction of Mms.
    • The driver motional impedance model has been changed to accommodate frequency-dependent compliance using the Ritter three parameter creep model

For more information, the AES article is here:

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.