Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Diffraction-less grill idea?

I searched here and the interweb for anything like this but didn’t find anything? Just a idea I had so I had to make a quick prototype this morning. I’ll have to make a cabinet for it and do some measurements but looks like it should work and look nice.

6thplanet

Comments

• Let me add that you could have 2 trim pieces. One that’s a grill and the other is fancy painted or hardwood so there would always be a finished look.

• The woofer is also recessed? over-recessed?

• @ani_101 said:
    The woofer is also recessed? over-recessed?

Yes maybe. I recessed it that far to clear woofer surround. That was something of concern when designing it.

• I have seen that done before, but yours is the cleanest workmanship I've seen of said style.

• Very nice indeed!

• @Wolf said:
    I have seen that done before, but yours is the cleanest workmanship I've seen of said style.

Yes, not "Fisher Price" looking.

• Ho did you get a chamfer on the woofer recess - the clearance is too less for a bearing to fit for using a chamfer bit.

• I wonder how this compares to the perforated curved metal grilles. Looks good!

• I really like this idea. And if you increase the width of the frame, you could do this will super big 3 or 4 inch radius roundovers as well. :)