Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Morel CAM 558 and 18Sound XT1464 Horns FS

Hey, selling 2 items:

1) Pair of Morel CAM 558. Only put in for testing. One does have some wrinkles around the sticker (nothing impacting usage). $90 + shipping

2) Pair of 18sound XT1464 horns (1.4in) These are new-in-box. Never opened. $55 + shipping
http://eighteensound.com/en/products/horn/1-4/0/XT1464
https://www.loudspeakersplus.com/18-SOUND-XT1464-p/18-sound-xt1464.htm

Comments

• edited October 2020

I'll take the horns... 55446

Thanks
    Ani

• Those CAM558 are really great sounding mids! I love them in my Gormacho project (which we listen to every night). lf I didn't have so many other drivers waiting in the que, I'd snatch up your pair.

• I agree, those CAMs are great.

• Ok, I made a huge mistake. I meant to say $55 each so $110 total.

• I was thinking about going for the 558's, then I took a look at the pile of nice midranges in my current inventory that need some attention.... If I was banned from ever buying any more drivers, I would not run out of interesting things to build for at least a decade or two.

rjj45
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • @e6zion said:
    Ok, I made a huge mistake. I meant to say $55 each so $110 total.

No worries, but I need to go back to the maybe camp, at 110 plus shipping is not looking viable for me right now.

• How low does the CAM 558 go? Decent XO point?

• Most xover about 850Hz or higher, with the typical being 900Hz.

• @ani_101 said:
    How low does the CAM 558 go? Decent XO point?

I just finished a 3 way with the CAM558 as mids, and crossed them about 800. Distortion test at a highish SPL showed no distortion issues, although "cranking" up the volume reveals some distress.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I chose 900 Hz and 4 kHz for my Gormachos.

• Sold to Ani.

ani_101rjj45
  • Oh Ani... ;)

• I have a fealing Ani has a stash that would make Tom Selleck jealous.

6thplanet
  • Just some odds n ends... Trying to make a set, but nothing seems to go with anything!