Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (9)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

I'm going to regret this (sale)

Time has come to phase out the old to make room for something new. Up for sale is some unobtanium, a pair of Peerless HDS Exclusive 8" 830884.

Well loved for the past 10 years about, The T/S parameters measured today don't match the original datasheet however the cabinet models just the same as it did 10 years ago.

Works well in a ported cabinet of 50-60Litres, tuned to 30Hz. I used in a 2 way with the HDS Tweeter 810921 (Now Scan D2608/9130) crossed around 1600Hz, however these would really shine in a 3-way. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to let go of the tweeters.

Some scratching where the mounting hardware was aggressively tightened. Mounting hardware will be included, hex machine screws with T-nuts.

Price is USD$120 for the pair, plus shipping from Canada.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
Tagged:
jr@macGowarjj45squamishdroc

Comments

• edited October 2020

Zaph's testing from some years back. These have original DST Peerless branding, slightly pre-dated the Tymphany takeover. They sound wonderful and have been my frame of reference for years when listening to anything new.

830883 would pair well as a large midrange to keep the visual style (cheap at Solen). The NLA 830882 would be perfect, but I've never seen a pair of those for sale since they were discontinued. I think e6zion may still have a pair of Morel dome mids that could work as well for a 3-way.

Gowa
  • No longer for sale.

• Great price for great drivers.

• Yeah, they are but no one seemed that interested, so I'm keeping them. Going to rebuild my old reference tower as a 3-way with HDS Exclusive 5" provided the shipping isn't too outrageous. Will be an all HDS Exclusive 3-way (HDS 810921 tweeter) and it will be glorious.

Gowajr@mac
  • 5" HDS exclusive midrange looks excellent, I think Tymphany made a poor choice to discontinue it.

rjj45
  • @dcibel said:
    Yeah, they are but no one seemed that interested, so I'm keeping them. Going to rebuild my old reference tower as a 3-way with HDS Exclusive 5" provided the shipping isn't too outrageous. Will be an all HDS Exclusive 3-way (HDS 810921 tweeter) and it will be glorious.

Maybe the low efficiency turned some people off.

• edited November 2020

Not too low, and the bass response in a fairly normal sized tower is better than many 8" drivers. What turns most people off is that I'm in Canada, so customs/duty adds into the cost.

Anyway, if anyone still wants a pair they can reach out to Brandon (augerpro) on PETT, shipped within CONUS will be cheaper for most people anyway.

• Agreed. It's hard to get deals here for our USA bros.

• They look nice together B)

jr@macrjj45Gowakenrhodesani_101squamishdrocjhollanderSilver1omoJasonP