Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

I'm going to regret this (sale)

Time has come to phase out the old to make room for something new. Up for sale is some unobtanium, a pair of Peerless HDS Exclusive 8" 830884.

Well loved for the past 10 years about, The T/S parameters measured today don't match the original datasheet however the cabinet models just the same as it did 10 years ago.

Works well in a ported cabinet of 50-60Litres, tuned to 30Hz. I used in a 2 way with the HDS Tweeter 810921 (Now Scan D2608/9130) crossed around 1600Hz, however these would really shine in a 3-way. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to let go of the tweeters.

Some scratching where the mounting hardware was aggressively tightened. Mounting hardware will be included, hex machine screws with T-nuts.

Price is USD$120 for the pair, plus shipping from Canada.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
Tagged:
jr@macGowarjj45squamishdroc

Comments

• edited October 2020

Zaph's testing from some years back. These have original DST Peerless branding, slightly pre-dated the Tymphany takeover. They sound wonderful and have been my frame of reference for years when listening to anything new.

830883 would pair well as a large midrange to keep the visual style (cheap at Solen). The NLA 830882 would be perfect, but I've never seen a pair of those for sale since they were discontinued. I think e6zion may still have a pair of Morel dome mids that could work as well for a 3-way.

Gowa
  • No longer for sale.

• Great price for great drivers.

• Yeah, they are but no one seemed that interested, so I'm keeping them. Going to rebuild my old reference tower as a 3-way with HDS Exclusive 5" provided the shipping isn't too outrageous. Will be an all HDS Exclusive 3-way (HDS 810921 tweeter) and it will be glorious.

Gowajr@mac
  • 5" HDS exclusive midrange looks excellent, I think Tymphany made a poor choice to discontinue it.

rjj45
  • @dcibel said:
    Yeah, they are but no one seemed that interested, so I'm keeping them. Going to rebuild my old reference tower as a 3-way with HDS Exclusive 5" provided the shipping isn't too outrageous. Will be an all HDS Exclusive 3-way (HDS 810921 tweeter) and it will be glorious.

Maybe the low efficiency turned some people off.

• edited November 2020

Not too low, and the bass response in a fairly normal sized tower is better than many 8" drivers. What turns most people off is that I'm in Canada, so customs/duty adds into the cost.

Anyway, if anyone still wants a pair they can reach out to Brandon (augerpro) on PETT, shipped within CONUS will be cheaper for most people anyway.

• Agreed. It's hard to get deals here for our USA bros.

• They look nice together B)

jr@macrjj45Gowakenrhodesani_101squamishdrocjhollanderSilver1omoJasonP